The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 08:37 PM

dshort has a spectacular aura aboutdshort has a spectacular aura aboutdshort has a spectacular aura about
Default Your smallest fish on a fly...

Ok...I enjoy catching and looking at pictures of big fish, but the way I figure it, anyone can appreciate a big fish. Let's see some pictures of your smallest fish on a fly!

I'll start it out and I'll have you know that I've caught much smaller trout than this little guy, but don't have any pics, so this will have to do:

Click the image to open in full size.

Come on, thump that chest and let's see some pictures of those dinks!!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:41 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: Your smallest fish on a fly...

Sorry to say I've caught many small fish in my day but never wrestled my camera out of my pocket for a photo. I'm sure I'll have the chance this season. I'll have to keep this thread in mind, and take the time for the photo.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 05-27-2009, 09:11 PM

rausch51 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to rausch51

Can't seem to find the photo right now, but I do have a picture of a 3 inch bass caught on a 2 inch wooly bugger.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Banned

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold

Not the best quality pic but here it is.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:49 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL! I was fishing a BWO today, and this teeny blugill took it. It was so small,
the #20 BWO looked big in its mouth . I nearly took a pic for laughs, and
if I had know about this thread...... Next time
Old 05-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Nice photos guys! Now I'm motivated to get a picture of a really small fish.

Larry
Old 05-28-2009, 01:29 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
Not the best quality pic but here it is.

Does this qualify as bait fishing!! LOL

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 05-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

It does....for one day I caught a small bass on dry and it was attacked by a big one ....same thing happened to me with trout....
Last time I caught a small fish I was sad because I killed it...its head crashed into a rock as I striked it
Old 05-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Banned

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post

Hey now you callin me a bait chucker? Them is fightin words

Honestly I laughed so hard when I pulled that guy out. I am glad I noticed him take the fly otherwise I would have sent him into orbit on with my next backcast.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:23 PM

Walter1023 is a glorious beacon of lightWalter1023 is a glorious beacon of lightWalter1023 is a glorious beacon of lightWalter1023 is a glorious beacon of lightWalter1023 is a glorious beacon of light

Timely subject....2 weeks ago I was fishing a wild brown trout stream in NY...its actually a tailwater stream between 2 reservoirs about 1 hour north of NYC......2.5 miles of river with no intersecting roads....total seclusion because its owned by the city. No houses or structures in sight. No stocking - pure natural reproduction. Average fish size....8"....every once in a while i'll get one 13-14"....which is a trophy because when they get bigger they head down to the reservoir. As I was letting my line drift backward ready to lob cast it ahead....a 1 1/2" beautifully spotted little brown trout "minnow" hit my #16 pt. I cracked up so hard looking at him...gently let him go....and had a lot of respect for this little tiger's aggressiveness.