The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 08:51 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default South Fork of Snake Floaters

As of May,22nd,2009 All boats over 10ft in Idaho require an IDPR Invasive Species Fund sticker. If you don't have one you will be ticketed. You may get more info and purchase your stickers at the following link. They only cost $5.00.
Idaho Invasive Species Fund

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 05-31-2009, 09:17 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: South Fork of Snake Floaters

Davo: That is good information to know, thanks for the link.

Larry
Old 06-01-2009, 12:26 PM

Shake is on a distinguished road

Well guys, I finally got the boat out yesterday. We floated the South Fork in the rain, but it was still good to get out. I didn't have my sticker so I guess I was lucky. I better go order it right now.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:14 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of

Shake

Glad to see you making it out. Best to have the stickers since they are supposed to be given tickets. I don't know for sure but I'm guessing the ticket costs more!! LOL

Old 06-01-2009, 04:40 PM

Shake is on a distinguished road

I know ignorance is no excuse, but your link was the first I heard of needing the sticker. The state of Idaho needs to sell the extortion sticker at the regular licensing agents.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:50 PM

Shake

I know how you feel. I found out about it by going to the South Fork Outfitters website to check the fishing report. Thankfully they provided the link. I posted it up here figuring many others were ignorant about it as I was. It' cool it only costs $5.00, and that goes to their efforts to fight invasive species. There is lots of info on species and how to clean your gear at the site as well.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:29 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
Shake

I know how you feel. I found out about it by going to the South Fork Outfitters website to check the fishing report. Thankfully they provided the link. I posted it up here figuring many others were ignorant about it as I was. It' cool it only costs $5.00, and that goes to their efforts to fight invasive species. There is lots of info on species and how to clean your gear at the site as well.
$57 for a ticket if you don't have the B.S. feelgood sticker. Utah is doing the same thing about invasive species. Only more steam cleaners and no extra cost to anyone. Idaho just sticking it to everyone again. Non-res licenses went up to $100 in May (I'm counting in the handling fee). The one thing I do have to say is very little if any costs in campgrounds. So far anyway.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:30 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake View Post
I know ignorance is no excuse, but your link was the first I heard of needing the sticker. The state of Idaho needs to sell the extortion sticker at the regular licensing agents.
That would be nice. But the legislature pawned it off on the parks and recreation instead of the IG&F.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake View Post
Well guys, I finally got the boat out yesterday. We floated the South Fork in the rain, but it was still good to get out. I didn't have my sticker so I guess I was lucky. I better go order it right now.
Shake: So did you feel any real difference between rowing a raft and a drift boat?

Larry
Old 06-02-2009, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Dave, I seen this thread just moments after posting another thread about the same stickers. I'll go post for others to check this thread out.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*