The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 05:52 PM

popperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly
Default Are you ready for this price

Check out the Abel Nippers, but before you get your heart pumping about ordering a set you better be ready for the paddles, (AED Defibrillator) so you can restart your heart.

http://www.abelreels.com/store/Abel-Nippers.html

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 01-26-2011, 05:57 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Are you ready for this price

The whole concept just made me laugh out loud. Not quite rolling on the floor, but definately laughing out loud. And Abel will probably laugh all the way to the bank because some people have more money than....uh, well, they have more money than I do. There, that was polite.
Still chuckling,
Gary
Old 01-26-2011, 06:10 PM

dave5977 has a spectacular aura aboutdave5977 has a spectacular aura aboutdave5977 has a spectacular aura about

I wonder if they'll give out free samples?
Old 01-26-2011, 08:19 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

LOL, I don't think even if your name is Lefty or Steve or whoever they'll be many of these floating around free. Probably as many as those almost-200 dollar pliers. what a hoot.
The grinch,
Gary
Old 01-26-2011, 09:00 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm....I bought a pair of Orvis ceramic nippers around 2004-2005. They worked well for a couple years, but then the ceramic began to crumble. I mailed them back to Orvis, and they refunded my money. I then invested in a $.99 pair of nippers at the local Orvis dealer, and they've been going steady for almost as long as the ceramic nippers lasted. I did buy a $14 Orvis zinger to hang them on, but I kept the receipt.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:02 PM

wonderfulremark is on a distinguished road

Imagine losing one of these while wading.........????????????
at this price, those nippers must produce tippets and do the knots for me...
Old 01-26-2011, 09:04 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

YIKES!!!! They sure are proud of their stuff. I could see the price for the vise but these prices on the pliers, nippers and even pocket knife are plain rediculous. The money clip is the worst I think $185 for a painted money clip.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:18 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

I'll take three, as well as the $300 flashlite.
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 01-26-2011, 09:47 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of people laughed at $700 Simms waders and $10000 Hardy reels too! milt.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:00 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

pretty pricey for nippers. but hey, let's admit it, we're ALL gearheads

ARFE