The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 12:05 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Favorite Fly Fishing Magazines

Lots of time between the seasons.. these help pass the time

Northwest Fly Fishing
Fly Tyer
FlyFishing and Tying Journal
American Angler
Fly Fisherman
Fish&Game New Zealand (January's has an article on the Beverhead )
Old 02-08-2011, 09:38 PM

i_throw_bugs is on a distinguished road

I'm the same as a lot of folks on here, I usually pick up one at the store every time I want it. I have found that I like Fly Fisherman and American Angler a lot. thisisfly.com is a cool online magazine, has a wide variety of fishing as well. Kinda has that hipster, snowboarder feel to it, but still pretty cool.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:55 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Fly Fusion and The Drake. That said, i usually pick up most of them. Those two are the best however, imo.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:56 AM

popperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

Fly Tyer is my favorite and Fly Fisherman would be second

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 02-09-2011, 05:56 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Same as most, I'll fill an urge once in a long winter and grab one off the news stand. I like Drake for the same reasons stated by others. The rest of the glossies. i.e Fly Fisherman, American Angler, etc. generally cycle through the same material. Fly Tyer doesn't offer anything that cannot be found on the web. Gear reviews are generally postive for the stuff that you also see the most ads for in the same issue.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Kory,

You may want to consider getting a magazine that focuses on the area that you live. For instance I like Eastern Fly Fishing because it covers a lot of places I might want to fish. Then there are Saltwater Fly Fishing magazines that are great if you fish saltwater. If you tie flies then think about a magazine that covers fly tying.

Frank
Old 02-09-2011, 09:50 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryseiter View Post
Blah, blah, blah. The print mags are great when you are sitting in the bathroom. It is 2011, simply click on Fly fishing magazine - Blood Knot Magazine to get gear reviews, industry news, articles from all over the world, and some other funny stuff. Just like the others, you can subscribe or just check it out when the new issues come out. Oh yeah, and Catch is good too!

While i do read your site, it is kinda hard to read online magazines where there is no wifi signal....
Old 02-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Banned

usus is on a distinguished road

I deleted this post as it is just another attempt from a spammer!

Last edited by mcnerney; 02-15-2011 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Spam
Old 02-10-2011, 02:55 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi Kory,

You may want to consider getting a magazine that focuses on the area that you live. For instance I like Eastern Fly Fishing because it covers a lot of places I might want to fish. Then there are Saltwater Fly Fishing magazines that are great if you fish saltwater. If you tie flies then think about a magazine that covers fly tying.

Frank

+1 for eff,
i have a subscription to eastern fly fishing and love it. it covers allot of my interests and has some great articles pertaining to regional information that may not be found in more main stream publications.

casey

ARFE
Old 04-12-2011, 12:31 AM

OwenRiverLodge will become famous soon enoughOwenRiverLodge will become famous soon enough

My personal favourite is an Australian produced magazine called Fly Life.
It tends to be reasonably Australian / New Zealand focused, but does cover fly fishign all over the world
Murchison
South Island, New Zealand
http://www.OwenRiverLodge.co.nz

http://www.facebook.com/OwenRiverLodge