The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 04:32 PM

bekiu002 will become famous soon enoughbekiu002 will become famous soon enough
Default Bluefly Cafe

Hello, Everyone
I just wanted to share how impressed I am with Bluefly Cafe. I posted a couple requests for different flies on here, I took many peoples advice and order several different flies from two places. I ordered a package set of 20 flies from Orvis, two days later I ordered a random assortment of flies from Bluefly. Bluefly shipped the same day (Friday), and arrived within 3 days (Today). Orvis says theirs will ship by this Thursday, I got free shipping from both so I'm not going to complain about Orvis. I don't have a fly shop close to me (hour-hour and a half drive), so I think I know where I will be doing my fly shopping from now on. I told this story to my fiance and she didnt care one bit, so I thought I'd tell it on her.
Thanks Cabot
Old 06-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bluefly Cafe

Hey Cabot, good luck with them, hope they catch for you..

What did you end up getting?
Old 06-08-2009, 07:15 PM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about

I get most of my trout flies from bluefly and have had good luck. i prefer to ty my own but my fingers and eyes wont work on anything under size 12.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:26 PM

I bought a collection of clousers, muddler minnows, zonkers, wolly buggers, and a couple different nymphs (pheasant tails, etc). I am upping my arsenal.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Great choices-- they're all great bass patterns, and the muddlers and zonkers are great streamers for trout too. And the nymphs are great for trout and panfish. Good luck with them.

mark
Old 06-08-2009, 07:58 PM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about

I just received some flies from Discount Flies and I was very impressed with the quality. I have some on order from Orvis as well and they are good quality as well. They happen to be on sale with free freight.
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)
Old 06-08-2009, 08:13 PM

kruggy1 is a jewel in the roughkruggy1 is a jewel in the roughkruggy1 is a jewel in the rough

I just checked out bluefly cafe for the first time, now on my favorites....LOL
Looks like you got some great deals on your flies BEKIU002, hope they work out for you!!!

Does anyone know how bluefly cafe flies compare to fly shacks, thats were I USED to order from?????
Old 06-09-2009, 09:22 PM

mdbick is on a distinguished road

I work just up the road from their store in Boise. I've had nothing but great luck with their flies.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:35 PM

The flies I ordered from Orvis finally arrived today. They look very good, but I think I'm sold on Bluefly. The question is, when will I have time to give them a good test run.
Thanks, Cabot
Old 06-15-2009, 06:24 PM

Teamanglerx will become famous soon enough

I use blue fly a lot (in fact all my flies are from there). They had a problem with a hook shortage but I talked to them 2 weeks ago and they are now getting things caught up. If you need a specific fly and the website says they are out of them call them on the phone and they will work with you.