The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 10:42 PM

beninfl is on a distinguished road
Default Fly Fishing Survey

Hi,

I'm a student at Cornell University (and fellow angler) and I'm doing some research on the fly fishing industry. I've created a short survey about what drives purchasing of fly rods and would really appreciate your input.

It will take you a maximum of 2 minutes.

Link removed by Hardyreels, see post below.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Hardyreels; 01-31-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:34 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Fly Fishing Survey

I am not sure how to handle surveys of our forum members as yours is the first I have ever ran across. I wish that you would have have considered asking the forum management prior to placing a link to a survey into our threads with your first post. This would have been the proper approach especially if your specific intent when you registered was to post a survey link.

I hope you understand my concerns here, now instead of our determining how to deal with surveys prior to them being posted we have to work backward to find the policy regarding them. Trying to determine whether your post is part of a graduate studies course requirement or if you are actually a marketing entity looking to membership as a tool gives me an uneasy feeling about such posts. We have a system for taking polls for members to use and I would prefer that you take that option until I have discussed this with our management. I am removing your link until we sort this out.

For the time being I would suggest that you ask members who would be interested in participating in the survey to contact you via our PM system and you can provide them the link privately.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Ard

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-31-2011, 01:57 PM

Biggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud ofBiggie has much to be proud of

I don't see what the problem with a survey is. It may have been the first post but it appeared to me the poster was upfront and told us that it was for a school project.

Beninfl, you can send me the link via PM if you wish, especially since the moderators think you are trying to pull something fishy!
Old 01-31-2011, 02:01 PM

sxm has a spectacular aura aboutsxm has a spectacular aura about

...and if it is from a company, perhaps our input can be of value, to both the company and us fly fishermen.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:08 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default Cornell

As a Cornell graduate (wildlife science, '81), I'd be happy to look at the survey. Feel free to pm me.

Ard - is he/she going to be able to pm with so few posts?

Gary
Old 01-31-2011, 02:12 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

Or he could be working for ABEL trying to figure out how to squeeze an extra franklin out of a pair of fingernail clippers... (not saying you are, just using the opportunity to take another stabe at ABEL'S ridiculous prices!)
Old 01-31-2011, 02:18 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default laughing out loud

AusableBrown - give it up! Geez, those poor guys at Abel are just trying to make an honest buck. roflmao!
and I really am LOL, since you and I have gone around the barn once about a student and his question...said "around the barn" getting deleted by the moderators.

I have it on perfect authority (that would be me, lol again) that NO ONE would ever DARE use the name of Cornell as subterfuge in order to pick an honest fly fishers pocket!

still chuckling,
Gary
Old 01-31-2011, 02:40 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

I'm not so sure Gary; anyone unscrupulous enough to sell a pair for fingernail clippers at a 2000% profit margin just might take the name of Cornell in vain also...

You plan your Ausable Trip yet Gary?

Original Poster: BTW, pm me the link, I would be willing to check it out and oblige your request, maybe they are giving away free nippers with every survey!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:18 PM

Default here's hoping...

that the powers that be allow the survey link to be posted, and that as importantly, we get to see the results of the survey.

ausablebrown - check your pm's.

Gary
Old 01-31-2011, 03:19 PM

dave5977 has a spectacular aura aboutdave5977 has a spectacular aura aboutdave5977 has a spectacular aura about

Well, perhaps beninfl had seen these two animations about buying a new rod and reel. " The high cost of better technology? "... Maybe the survey is about how accurate these videos are. If it's true, then that could explain Abel's $50 nippers!

A New Fly Rod

A new fly reel