The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 07:07 PM

Teamanglerx will become famous soon enough
Default C & F Design Flyboxes

I was looking at maybe getting some C & F fly boxes but when I went to find their website all that came up in my search was places to purchase them. Does anyone have the link to C & F's actual website?

Also, I know some of you use C & F fly boxes. What are their pros and cons? I currently use the Scientific Anglers X-Boxes but am looking for something I can put a few more flies in without having to get a large box. I would like to be able to carry all my flies in one box that is medium size. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:44 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: C & F Design Flyboxes

I think Scientific Anglers makes/distributes the C&F boxes. Check their
website.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:52 PM

Bigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant futureBigfly has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly

I've used them for six years and have swam a bunch to test them out.
Finally dropped one hard enough to break the latch.
Stick in another acc. page back to back and you can stuff a dozen-dozen more. I guide with 3 boxes right now. Dries, in #1. Nymphs in #2. Streamers in 3. Buying more soon!
Old 06-11-2009, 08:09 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

I picked up 3 C&F knockoffs on E-Bay.... They're alright for the money ( I think they were about $12. ea) but My C&F is definitely of a better quality.
The only trouble I have with the C&F boxes & the knockoff's too is that if you preload a bunch of flies on the threaders they get all tangled up with each other & the flies in the box. LL bean has some good boxes also & I picked up a few of them last week.
Easy-Grip Fly Box With Foam Inserts: Fly Boxes at L.L.Bean
Old 06-11-2009, 08:22 PM

MikeG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
I think Scientific Anglers makes/distributes the C&F boxes. Check their
website.

SA distributes C&F products but they are currently in the process of getting rid of the distribution, I believe another company is taking it over.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:52 PM

txbevo has a spectacular aura abouttxbevo has a spectacular aura about

The actual C&F website is C&F Fly Box - C&F Fly Tying » C&F Design.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:03 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

I picked up a C&F box this spring. I love the slit foam idea and the box holds over 300 flies. It's two sided so I keep dries on one side and nymphs on the other. Works for me.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:44 PM

Tracker12 will become famous soon enoughTracker12 will become famous soon enough

I bought one this year and it was ok until I picked up a "Bug Luggage" box. I like it much better.