The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 05:30 AM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about
Default A Perfect Day

Went out after work to a local pond with the yak and my 5 wt. I caught about 40 gills and crappie in a 2 hr period. Now the wierd part i never got a knot in my leader, never got snagged, and caught lots of fish. I didnt catch anything big, but never lost a fly. After i loaded the yak back on the truck the sky opened up, about and inch of rain in 30 minutes. I never got wet either. Does it get much better?? I used the same size 10 chartruese bugger the whole time. Anyone else ever have a perfect day??
Jim
Old 06-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Perfect Day

Jim

Sounds like the perfect day of fly fishing, congrats!

I always seem to loose a few flies.

Larry
Old 06-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Jim,

You had the planets lined up for you on that one buddy. Almost every time I go I have a perfect day, not by the same criteria as you experienced but nonetheless perfect. Think gale force wind with driving rain on the north shore of Kodiak Island, alone and surrounded by big silver salmon.

Every now and then I have a Bluebird day like you had after work with no incidents but usually there are certain circumstances that don't exactly add up to optimum but I mush on regardless. There are no bad days fishen unless you fall in and drown, sorta, I guess, well maybe, you know what I mean right?

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-12-2009, 01:35 PM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

I'm hoping for a day like that tomorrow. I'm hitting a few creeks in the mountains looking for some Brookies and pretty waterfalls.