The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 12:10 PM

bloodmeridian is on a distinguished road
Default Check out the New Gear Shower

Yesterday Waterworks-Lamson announced their new Gear Shower. It holds about 2 gallons of water and goes for $49.95. You guys think this is something the average angler would use? Maybe if it were 10 bucks cheaper? I can see conscientious guides taking advantage of it though.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:20 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: Check out the New Gear Shower

bloodmeridian

I could see it as a good thing for folks that work more than one stream in a day. Cleaning your gear up before heading to new water is a good idea to fight invasive species.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 02-01-2011, 12:29 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Uh, I don't get it. 50 bucks for a water jug and spigot? None for me, thanks...even if you put "anti-nasty snail and mussel" juice in it, why not just use a couple of gallon jugs and be done with it?

Now, if it came with a rotating scrubber and power wash attachment...?? Maybe a Ginsu steak knife or vegetable chopper?

-Mike
Old 02-01-2011, 03:32 PM

thonyb will become famous soon enough

that is way to steep. looks cool....... but you can use those camping showers for $20. would do the same thing. Put 1/3 way in a window and roll it up. same thing. I got the price from rei. i think they sell something like that at walmart for cheaper.

Seattle Sports Camp Shower - 2.5 Gallon at REI.com
Old 02-01-2011, 03:55 PM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice

Be just the thing to wash off my Abel Nippers to keep the fish graphics sparkling.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabi View Post
Be just the thing to wash off my Abel Nippers to keep the fish graphics sparkling.
LMAO! That was great!

Larry

Old 02-01-2011, 04:24 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabi View Post
Bet Abel could over engineer one and paint it pretty colors for about $500.00!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 02-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I can see a "Solar Shower" look at REI for these. I have a 2.5 gallon size and for about $1.50 you can change out the water delivery tube to make it 4 or 5 foot long. They are built to hang and I have been using mine for 15 years. For doing what the fellow in the picture is using it for just add a little bleach and kill all that crud.

The new solar shower sells for 20.95 and they have a neat on off spigot and a shower type head. So if you want a 'better than home made' gear shower check it out. Less than half price and like I said mine is 15 and going strong.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-01-2011, 05:34 PM

Flityer has a spectacular aura aboutFlityer has a spectacular aura aboutFlityer has a spectacular aura about

Not for me I like to look sharp when I enter the water. So not to carry any nasties from stream to stream ,I have a nice new pair of Simms waders and Korkers for each stream I fish, along with a fedora and a rod and reel dedicated to each stream as well.

It is a good idea though but 50 bux is a bit steep for what you get....

Allen Landheer
Fly fishing is not for everyone..
-Fly fishing since 1971-
Old 02-01-2011, 07:18 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey...

We should post this to USUS isn't that the lady who was looking to buy her husband a gift. He would never let her...I mean he would never forget it!!!

Dave