The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 10:32 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default What music do you listen to?

This is strictly an off-the-cuff thread and not very content rich for a fly fishing forum, but I think a lot of us listen to music while we're tying flies; if we''re not at the stream when we're tying.

I was headed over to my garage to start punching out the body patterns for the Chernobyl Ants that I'm tying up for Bear's Terrestrial Swap and I grabbed a CD. I flipped it into the machine, sat down and thought, I wonder what the others listen to? I was listening to Debussy's Greatest Hits, but a couple of weeks ago when I was tying up some chironomids and Catskill dries for Jean-Paul (Jbbfly) it was Lady Gaga's album, the Fame.

So, what's your favorite music to tie flies by?
Old 06-27-2009, 11:10 AM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Re: What music do you listen to?

Usally George Strait,or other country, but once in awhile I'll throw in old rock,
older pop like hot chocolate, and even some blues.
Bear
Old 06-27-2009, 11:15 AM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

Mostly willie nelson: on the road again, whiskey river, seven spanish angels. his older stuff.

I like some of the new country but mostly willie nelson, john denver, johny cash. the old stuff and some bluegrass.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 06-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

I usually don't choose because the radio is on...but if I could I'd listen to Rachmaninov...or to Schubert's Trout...of course
Old 06-27-2009, 02:01 PM

Steelhead Junkie will become famous soon enough

I usually listen to books on tape, not so much music. I've listened to one tape so much that when I hear it, I just have to tie a fly. LOL
Old 06-28-2009, 12:46 AM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to flyfisher117

it all kind of depends on my mood i may listen to some country on a calm day but wonce in a while i like to pop in something hardcore like devil wears prada or sky eats airplane
Old 06-28-2009, 04:25 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
I usually don't choose because the radio is on...but if I could I'd listen to Rachmaninov...or to Schubert's Trout...of course
Found myself a little short on Sergei's orchetral tunes, but managed to grab a good CD by the "old Wolf" from Salzburg and enjoyed a little night music as I worked my way through another few Chernobly ants!

Was at a WAM festival at the old scholss in Salzburg 10 years ago; impressive, something I won't soon forget.

Some say that most modern philosophy is simply annotations to Plato (although I think that Bertrand Russel might have some problems with that position). Perhaps most modern music; shedding its tribal beat, is simply annotations to Mozart (?)

By the way, I now have "Jaco" on;' sort of a tribute to a incredible entertainer with a few idiosyncracies. Still think that his album "Thriller" is probaby one of the all-time best rock albums
Old 06-28-2009, 11:26 AM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

90% Country; 10% Pop. Put my Ipod on shuffle to play a mix, but like it best when Dwight Yokum or George Strait are playing.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:15 PM

Waterboy is on a distinguished road

Any of Jimmy Buffett's albums but mainly Songs You Know by Heart. Sometimes I listen to Steve Miller or Jim Morris.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:06 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Re: What music do you listen to?

I usually stick a fishing DVD on or maybe a movie. I missed the music thing when I was a kid, never got that much into it.