The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 02:32 AM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Wet / Streamer Tie-Along?

Hey Dean_MT sounds like you're a lucky man with am understanding wife-mine keeps on at me about spending too much time on here and not tying flies-so I better get off and do some tying.....
Old 02-24-2011, 04:23 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Jimmie, madjoni, popperfly, dean_MT, FISH50, mudbug, laurie and boser - welcome to the tie-along!

I'll post the recipes this weekend so that you can all look through your materials and see if there's anything that's missing. The first pattern, the Partridge and Orange, has only 4 materials including the hook, so it should be a good one to start with.

Pocono

PS - Dean_MT - does your wife have a sister?
Old 02-24-2011, 08:08 AM

boser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura about

Pocono, Count me in. I believe this will be great.

Regards, Boser
Old 02-24-2011, 09:52 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Jimmie, madjoni, popperfly, dean_MT, FISH50, mudbug, laurie and boser - welcome to the tie-along!

I'll post the recipes this weekend so that you can all look through your materials and see if there's anything that's missing. The first pattern, the Partridge and Orange, has only 4 materials including the hook, so it should be a good one to start with.

Pocono

PS - Dean_MT - does your wife have a sister?
Sorry, no can do, Pocono!

Tying helps keep me sane and happy in the winter. She'd rather have me content and occupied in the basement than the alternative, which apparently must not be very pleasant!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:26 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Allen,
I'll play...
Dan
Old 02-24-2011, 06:54 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

Count me in!
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 02-24-2011, 06:59 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Dan and Ant!

We're up to 18 participants now, so that should work well and we should be able to learn a lot from each other as we go through tying up these patterns. But, there's still plenty of room for more though; since this is not a swap, it's a tie-along

I have the recipes for the patterns printed out and will try to post them toward the end of the day tomorrow. Pretty basic materials; nothing exotic here (unlike the Salmon Fly Tie-Along!).

Pocono
Old 02-24-2011, 07:23 PM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

AB Lives!!!

I'm in...to the chin!!!

Thanks Pocono!!!

Time to get back into the tying again........spring approaches!

Feeling pretty healthy..........FINALLY!!!!

Missed this......so much.

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 02-25-2011, 05:44 AM

That's great, AB!

Welcome Back!

I'll post the 6 pattern recipes tonight to give everyone a little head start on sourcing the materials that you might not have no hand.

Pocono
Old 02-25-2011, 02:05 PM

cicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to behold

-I'm here.