The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 12:33 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default steelhead fly tying time!!

its about that time so i am refilling my box of steelhead goodies!! tied up a 18 eggs just now. 6 oregon cheese and 6 peach/orange dot and 6 clown eggs. for the clown used peach/egg/oregon cheese/flo orange and cherise!. here is some pix. gonna tie up some more in single color eggs in pink and chartreuse and orange and natural egg too heard blye was good but do not have that. might get it and try it. heard its good when its getting dark outside or really cloudy?. post a couple more soon pix when i get done with those. I am gonna be all egged out after I get done with these but they sure do kick some steelie butt!! then its on to the other greats! crystal meths and white angora sucker spawns and then some wiggle stones!! give me a couple days to get it all done. I will post the flies as I get um done. this is getting me pumped!!!

Click the image to open in full size.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: steelhead fly tying time!!

GMF,

They are certainly one of the most effective patterns you can use for the steelhead. You have it down pat, good shape, right size, nice work.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-08-2009, 12:13 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold

thanks hardyreels., they work good. I use size 12 scud hooks to make them. caught alot last year on them. I use size 10 scuds and make sucker spawn and crystal meth flies and they work great especially with a single egg tandem fly. couldn't get any flies done today. had to hang out with the lady tonight instead . will make more tomorrow tho! post when they are done

Old 10-08-2009, 08:50 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

George, Teach the Lady to tye and spend some special time with her...

Dan
Old 10-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Humyour cotton candies look delicious GeorgeI understand why steelheads love them
Old 10-08-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuronRiverDan View Post

Dan
if she was interested I would prolly get more tying done!! she does like arts and crafts but when i showed her the other day she didn't seem too interested. I always semm to pick the women who don't like what I like! oh well tho! at least going fishing gives me a excuse to get away from them for awhile! haha!!

thanks jjb gonna tie up some more eggs in a couple. keep ya posted!

Old 10-09-2009, 01:42 AM

just made 5 steelhead orange glo eggs. enjoy!!!

Old 10-10-2009, 03:13 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuronRiverDan View Post

Dan
I like how you think Dan...that is a good idea.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

McFly: Great work on the egg patterns, hope you have as much luck with the steelies as you did last year! We want photos! LOL!

Larry
Old 10-11-2009, 12:37 AM

heard of a few reports of steel trickling in! gonna get out asap and post a report! keep ya guys posted!