The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Some new fly swaps starting up

just wanted to let you know that we have some new fly swaps starting up in the fly swap forum. Tyers of all abilities are welcome so feel free to jump in.

Favorite Spring Fly Swap due date May 1, 2011

PMD/Sulphur Dry or Emerger Swap due date May 10, 2011

Panfish and Bass Fly Swap due date May 10, 2011

Grasshopper Swap due date June 1, 2011
Old 03-22-2011, 04:49 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Some new fly swaps starting up

Iwas surprized! I was away from the computer for a day or so and that page just exploded. I'll give others a chance since I was in the last two, and get in if they don't fill up.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 03-22-2011, 07:01 PM

Jimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud of

Thank you Mark. Very nice of you to do these. I'm heading to sign-up.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:15 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJer View Post
Iwas surprized! I was away from the computer for a day or so and that page just exploded. I'll give others a chance since I was in the last two, and get in if they don't fill up.

That's a good point.

I'm already in the Hopper Swap, but I'll stay out of the others till I see how they fill up.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:32 AM

nerka will become famous soon enoughnerka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrines View Post
just wanted to let you know that we have some new fly swaps starting up in the fly swap forum. Tyers of all abilities are welcome so feel free to jump in.

Favorite Spring Fly Swap due date May 1, 2011

PMD/Sulphur Dry or Emerger Swap due date May 10, 2011

Panfish and Bass Fly Swap due date May 10, 2011

Grasshopper Swap due date June 1, 2011
I dont want to cut into anyone's fishing or tying times, but I am curious if we can do a salmon fly swap, lets say due May 20? I would be happy to contribute two seperate patterns of a dozen a piece of proven flies. Personally I am really interested in what some of the lower 48ers produce and to try those here.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Nerka- sure I'll add a Salmon/Steelhead fly swap. You may be interested to see the results of Pocono's Salmon fly swap that ran last year:

Salmon Fly Swap