The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 02:56 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold
Default Calling out for a big thanks to peregrines.

A few days ago we had a thank you thread for a member who greatly deserved it.

I just wanted to bring attention to another member who also deserves some recognition.

peregrines.

He's a moderator which is a big chore in itself, but he also runs the Fly Swaps which must take tons of work and patience waiting for late flies to come in, notifying people when they do, then separating everything out and shipping it back. He does a great job at this.

Also he has added lots of very informative posts here including a very large recent post about Hackle Feathers to help out those of us new to tying flies and unsure about the differences.

And on a personal note; I was having trouble understanding the differences in Hackle Feather and he went way above and beyond to help me out. I won't go in to details (I don't want to make him a target) but just understand that he didn't have to do it, it was not expected that anyone would do this, but he offered and did it just to be helpful.

Thanks Mark for all you add here, and for helping me out.

Last edited by mudbug; 04-01-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:09 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default Re: Calling out for a big thanks to peregrines.

I'll second the big thanks to Mark for all he does; but would like to expand it to all our Moderators, they all do an excellent job...

Dan
Old 04-01-2011, 03:38 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

True true. Running the swaps takes patience and persistence. Thanks Mark!
Old 04-01-2011, 05:01 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

I really appreciate all that peregrines does for us. I applaud him as well as all of the moderators. They should be proud that they made this a neat place to visit.
Good for you for starting this thread mudbug.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:56 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Agreed.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Mark: We really appreaciate all the hard work, many thanks!

Larry

Old 04-01-2011, 10:15 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Mark

Kudos for your willingness to share the knowledge acquired by years of trials and errors. It takes a special person to do that.

Dave
Old 04-02-2011, 05:10 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Mark, Thanks for all your great work on NAFFF! The fly swaps have been a big success since you took over as coordinator and swap meister. Your FAQs are loaded with information for people at all levels of fly fishing/tying and your replies are always helful.

Pocono
Old 04-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Yes Mark that thread on Hackle is truly excellent. I learned a lot so far and haven't even finished reading it.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:14 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

I certainly agree, Mark has been a great help, and he is a true plus to the web site. Thank you Mark, we do appreciate you, and the other mods, even though we don't say it enough.