The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 11:22 AM

wilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the rough
Default doubles

i have just been given aload of double hooks in sizes from 8 -18 and was wondering if i can use the smaller ones for trout i wasnt sure and thought i better ask first so i dont waste the hooks
many thanks

vince
Old 01-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: doubles

Vince,

Sizes like the #8's will make a nice wet fly but you must watch regulations for where they may be fished. Also I only fish doubles for salmon that I intend to kill. The idea of driving home the double steel is to drag em in and dispatch them.

They will make nice hooks for display flies too so don't toss them.
I will go to the Blue Moon thread and put the recipe for all materials on the post along with the flies picture.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;