The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 10:02 PM

luked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the rough
Default anyone deal with Anvil vises before?

i have an Apex by Anvil tieing vise and it is in pretty bad shape...its got a lifetime warrenty and i sent them an email but havent heard anything from them yet...anyone ever deal with them on the warrenty side of things
Old 01-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone deal with Anvil vises before?

I haven't used one-- or know anyone that has had any issues with one that required servicing, but have heard good things about the vise and the company so i'm surprised you're not getting a response.

The vise does have a lifetime warranty. If you don't get any response to your email you could call them at their HQ number: 812-376-2775

I'm sure members of this forum would like to hear a happy ending about Anvil resolving any issues with the vise, so please let us know how this turns out.

What problems are you having with it?
Old 01-12-2010, 10:42 AM

luked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrines View Post
What problems are you having with it?
The problem i have with it is the vise was left in my garage from my move and the jaw piece has rusted badly...if i dont hear from them today i will call them...the vise hasnt been used in quite some time but i hope they will fix it.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Luke,

You might have a problem. Lifetime Warranties are usually for manufacture defects. If it was left in the elements, moisture or such, they may not consider that normal use. It is true that it is made from stainless steel but some stainless rusts under certain conditions. Your best bet is to call them and hope for the best.

Frank
Old 01-12-2010, 02:22 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

I have sold them in the past and can get them on order, I don't think they will honor the warrenty since you left it out in the elements. None of the vice co.'s will cover that condition.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 02-09-2010, 12:40 PM

just thought i would update ya'll on this so ya know....i never did recieve an email responce from Anvil and kind of had forgot about it and i thought about it today and called them...they said they have had a few issues in the past with the Jaw assy on the Apex vise and that it was a warrentied part even though the conditions of the problem with it being left in my garage and they said they will send me a new jaw rebuild kit in the mail tomorrow...so i am pretty happy with the service from Anvil....so we shall see how it all works out.....pretty pleased so far with them...been lookin and getting a Rotary here some time and after this im thinkin i might have to look at the Anvil Atlas

anyways jsut thought i would let ya know what happened with it if you run into someone else with a problem