The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 01:20 AM

smallieman will become famous soon enoughsmallieman will become famous soon enough
Default My Fly Tying station

So I went to Ikea with the GF and got some ideas. The total cost was 40 bucks but man it was worth it. I didnt have to room in my room for a desk so I got this thing that folds down when I want it too and I got a little shelf that i drilled holes in to hold my thread and tools. Then I wall mounted all my materials.. tell me what you guys think

Picasa Web Albums - Issombeituni

and a fly I call the Red Bandit..

Picasa Web Albums - Issombeituni
Old 01-22-2010, 06:09 AM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: My Fly Tying station

Cool and clean set up! Just too neat....
Nice looking fly for sure.

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:29 AM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Good set up for a small room man, now start tying and get that thing really looking like a fly tying desk lol
Bear
Old 01-22-2010, 09:29 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Wow, you can actually see the wood in the desk...LOL My desk hasn't looked like that in a very long time...

Cool looking fly...

Dan
Old 01-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

IKEA! I am heading out there tomorrow for new things for our remodel. I love that thing, that could be just what I am looking for.

That fly would KILL on the Strawberry here. Anything Black and Red. Very nice. With the hair, is it strictly a dry, or can you muddler it?
Old 01-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, you are way neater than I am! I have not seen the bottom of my tying station in at least two months.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:17 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Oh, you are way neater than I am! I have not seen the bottom of my tying station in at least two months.
me too

Nice tie smallie

Chris
Old 01-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! How do you keep your desk so clean! Mine hasn't seen the light of day in years............I really need to get organized.
Nice looking pattern!

Larry
Old 01-23-2010, 11:08 AM

boser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura about

Smallie, That is a heck of an idea. I found my little fold down table I use in the camper and moved to the living room. I have a vise just like yours but I dont have that awesome fly in it (yet). Do you mind if I copy that pattern? It looks great.

Thanks for the idea, I just made my fly tying portable....

Regards, Boser