The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 11:41 AM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice
Default What to tie?

Sitting here on a cold lazy Saturday thinking about what pattern to tie up today. Probably will find time to tie a dozen or two, just having trouble getting the tying juices flowing. I live in SE Idaho (Henry's, Madison, South Fork of the Snake, Teton, Silver Creek, Big Lost, etc.). Any ideas/suggestions?
Old 01-30-2010, 12:43 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future
Default Re: What to tie?

How about a few each of the favorite nymphs: Hare's Ear; Pheasant Tail; Prince; Copper John? Then throw in a tiers choice like a Telico, etc.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:44 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Jimmie may not be great at checkers but he is right. Often I start with something I know well and it moves on to something different. Just starting is the key, the rest is just evolution.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:51 PM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice

Just started with some peacock herl soft hackles and think I might do some elk hair caddis next.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:36 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Those sound good. I was just sitting thinking about something like that while I am at work with my nine computer screens. I was thinking stripped peacock herl abdomen, full peacock herl thorax and then soft partrige hackle on a curved shank hook. Now you've talked me into it. Good tying!
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.