The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 09:22 AM

luked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the rough
Default Where are you all gettin yout Mustad Hooks

looking for a place to get some hooks i needing...was going to get them from JStockard but they are on backorder so was gonna try someplace else

looking for mustad C53s in size 18 and 20
Old 02-02-2010, 09:40 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where are you all gettin yout Mustad Hooks

A good alternative is the TMC 200r or th Dia Riki 270
Old 02-02-2010, 09:57 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

HooK&Hackle is having a 'blowout' sale on Mustads
From what I understand they bought up all of the old stock

Hook&Hackle Mustad Sale
Quote:
These items are "buy one get one free.' Prices based on MSRP. All of these items are either discontinued models, such as many of the "Classic" hooks or discontinued packaging, such as the "Signature" hooks. Only the hooks on these pages are subject to the special pricing at this time.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:47 AM

luked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the rough

thanks Rip ill have to stock up on them
Old 02-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Luked: You might also try EBay, just do a search on Mustad hooks. I'm with Yat I use TMC hooks. When I first started tying I used nothing but Mustad but later on found that TMC and a few other brands came much sharper. I don't know if Mustad fixed that or not, I haven't used their hooks in years.
mustad hooks, Sporting Goods, mustad jig hooks. Great deals on eBay!

Larry
Old 02-02-2010, 11:10 AM

bloodhound is on a distinguished road

if you have a gander mountain around (smaller version of cabelas/bass pro) i was getting 100 packs for around 3.00-6.00 but watch what you are getting as i noticed a few defective hooks in with some of the streamer hooks (unless they were a few blind eye salmon hooks mixed in on accident) otherwise 100 #18 dry fly, 100 #20 dry fly, 100 #14 nymph, and 100 #16 nymph for around 16-20 bucks IIRC and they work great for the patterns i tie.

Last edited by bloodhound; 02-02-2010 at 11:12 AM. Reason: brammer
Old 02-02-2010, 02:12 PM

mepeterser2451 is on a distinguished road

i don't know about C53's but I bought a few set of older mustad hooks off ebay from harleerod. 500 hooks for around 10 bucks. He's got a bunch of different sizes. They seem like decent hooks, not that i know much about it. But I've only broken one off in my vice and thats cause I was really messing with it.

Mustad Dry Fly Fish Hooks Sproat 3908 Size 16 Qty 500 - eBay (item 370317493168 end time Feb-06-10 19:30:54 PST)