The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 08:25 AM

thompson48 is on a distinguished road
Question posting attachments

Wanted to post some of my new fly ties , but can"t seem to be able to??
any help , it said that you can , but at the bottom of my screen it said [may not post attachments] ?? HELP
THANKS
Old 02-07-2010, 08:37 AM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: posting attachments

take a look at this and see if it answere your questions.

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:01 PM

mepeterser2451 is on a distinguished road

what website are you posting them from? I tried from photoshop.com and I realized that it was making them too big to be posted on here. Photobucket.com is a good one because it makes them smaller for you.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Thompson48,

If you continue to experience problems you may want to PM to Frank Whiton and ask for his help.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-07-2010, 04:25 PM

wilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the rough

if you download pisca3 you can crop and resize your pictures and upload then straight to the NAFFF gallery and use them in your posts as Ard said if you have problems just PM Frank he helped me out when i had problems uploading photos

vince

(P.S pisca3 is free to download and is handy forlotsof things i have found )
Old 02-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi thompson48,

If you follow the directions in the link that Dave gave you it works fine. If you have the photos on your computer you can upload them from there to the NAFFF Photo Gallery. A good size is 640x480 or 6"x4". You can load larger photos but if you try to load full size photo the program doesn't work.

Photobucket is a poor choice because when you put the photo into your post, the actual photo is not posted. A link to Photobucket apprears instead. So for everyone to see your photo they have to click on the Photobucket window to see the picture. Not as nice to just look at your post and see the photo.

Frank
Old 02-07-2010, 08:47 PM

thompson48 is on a distinguished road

Hey thanks guys will try/
COYOTE
Old 02-08-2010, 11:55 AM

mepeterser2451 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi thompson48,

Photobucket is a poor choice because when you put the photo into your post, the actual photo is not posted.
Frank
it'll work but you gotta use the link that photobucket gives you under each image on their website. although, you can do the same with picassa, snapfish, bluemelon etc. its up to you. i really recommend photoshop.com but they won't resize the pic for you (but they do give you 5gb of space)