The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 09:35 PM

luked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the rough
Default what did you tie today

just seeing what everyone was tying today if your like me and stuck at home
heres my list from today

Zebra Midge
Green Copper John
Copper John
Hairwing Dun
San Juan Worms beads and no bead
Olive Wooley Booger
Pheasant Tail Nymph
Rainbow Scud
Olive Scud
Old 02-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what did you tie today

Luked: Looks like you were one tying machine today! All I tied were a few salmon flies, then watched the Super Bowl at friends.

Larry
Old 02-07-2010, 10:01 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

2-Caddis larva
2-Chironomids (black/red rib)
1- Copper John

Tomorrow "Partridge and Orange" to practice folding soft hackle.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:43 AM

BlueDun has a spectacular aura aboutBlueDun has a spectacular aura about

Today I tied several leaders (ending in 4x tippet)......sigh.....and kept cutting the wrong ends on my blood knots (that's what I get for watching the Super Bowl instead of paying attention to what I was doing ), but yesterday I tied a few copper johns of various colors, black gnats, and griffiths gnats.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:09 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Stacked deer hair flies, then a clouser for good measure.

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

This is one of the stacked deer hair flies I was talking about.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:26 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

I tied bead head caddis lava, some ameletus nymphs, and had a go a woven body fly peacock and ostrich heril

Chris
Old 02-08-2010, 08:39 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

I am working on prince nymphs for the kids swap, Chris was stuck on the play station and did not want to tie today (until it was bed time, then anything to stay up longer).

I have tied up 6 PNs, but only 3 I think are swap material, a couple I got the wings upside down on, not sure how, maybe my eyes are getting old (older), a couple I got the wings too long.

I made the choice to tie these as my part of the swap because I felt I needed practice at tying in biots and, so far, have proven that. I will fish all of these, and pass a couple on to my buddy - they are fishable, maybe not perfect, but in a current, I think they will still work.

d
Old 02-08-2010, 08:40 AM

flytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura about

I tied some B*tch creeks, stimulators, and a craw dad...
Old 02-08-2010, 09:06 AM

luked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrx View Post
I am working on prince nymphs for the kids swap, Chris was stuck on the play station and did not want to tie today (until it was bed time, then anything to stay up longer).

I have tied up 6 PNs, but only 3 I think are swap material, a couple I got the wings upside down on, not sure how, maybe my eyes are getting old (older), a couple I got the wings too long.

I made the choice to tie these as my part of the swap because I felt I needed practice at tying in biots and, so far, have proven that. I will fish all of these, and pass a couple on to my buddy - they are fishable, maybe not perfect, but in a current, I think they will still work.

d
I know the feeling on the Goose biots....them things kick my rear too...cant ever seem to get them the way i want.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:43 AM

BlueDun has a spectacular aura aboutBlueDun has a spectacular aura about

Nice fly, Diver Dan!