The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 06:40 AM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Straight or Curved Sissors?

Anvil curve but also have many pair but prefer the Anvil short curve with adjustable rings. Just purchased a new pair this week didn't need them. Can't have to many Toys!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:32 AM

bear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to behold

I've always used strait, I just bought a couple pairs of spring loaded MICRO SURGERY SURGICAL SCISSORS on ebay, for fifteen dollars they are really nice.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:02 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well we have hit the bottom. I know it's winter and we can get better than 16 pages about a damn nipper. However, I have to draw a line someplace. Are you f'n kidding me? Is this what we are reduced to?

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

Let me elaborate. Scratch your butt, or openly or make an excuse to rub up against Bob Sagit. No seriously, shoot me now, I can't take any more. I know it's winter but seriously. Jeezhus H Keeriest on a friggin crutch. My damn head hurts.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:02 AM

bear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well we have hit the bottom
Aw come on, its 10 below and snowing like crazy.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:04 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Those scissors look cool, what are they?
Old 02-09-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Those scissors look cool
I got them on ebay, just type in MICRO SURGERY SURGICAL SCISSORS in the search box, there are all kinds of them, the bottom set has carbide inserts in them.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:49 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Thanks. I'd like to have a pair of those.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:06 PM

flytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to behold

i use dr slick straight scissors and have no reservations cutting wire or anything else with them

Click the image to open in full size.
jaybo41 likes this.

YOUR way is not the ONLY way when tying flies!

Fly tyers can be masters of making things complicated!

You're only limited by lack of imagination. Be creative, experiment.

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/
Old 02-09-2013, 06:08 PM

bruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the rough

I have 5-6 pair for different situations, but my go to scissors are the small 6th finger scissors. didn't like them at first but after a little they just feel natural being there all the time.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:16 PM

I have about 6 pair of scissors myself. I won't use those 6 finger scissors though. My friend loves them. I would poke my eye out with them, if I had a pair. LOLLLLLLLLL.
jaybo41 likes this.