The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 04:52 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Late night Silver Doctor

I've decided I do my best tying way to late at night. I have been up recording the rerun of the Olympic opener. By the way, did you see that? Wow! But I digress, while I was up doing it, I decided to try a fairly hard fly to tie. The Silver Doctor. Size 2. I used mottled Peacock secondary instead of turkey and Oak Turkey instead of Teal in the Married wing. Other than that I stayed true to the original. I may have to stay up late more often, as this may be the best job of tying I ever did. By the way, does anyone know where to get Teal big enough for married wings this size?
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:24 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Late night Silver Doctor

Wow nice job Dan! Perhaps you are more nocturnal than diurnal? Whatever it is you did a nice job there!
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dan: Very nice work! Yes the Olympic opener was quite the show! Too bad they had the glitch at the end with the one column not coming up, but it still looked amazing.

Larry
Old 02-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Dan,

You devil, that is a nice piece of wing work! See what can happen if you stay out of that chat box! If I knew where to get big teal and mallard I would be a happy guy. If I find out I will let you know right away. You could always do a dozen of them and ..........
Old 02-13-2010, 05:48 PM

dmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura aboutdmwphoto has a spectacular aura about

very nice work!!

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:09 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

That's a really handsome fly, Dan!
Old 02-13-2010, 09:24 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

That is a real beauty, Dan. I love the color of that head (for a lot of flies).
Old 02-13-2010, 09:47 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Very very nice fly. that color combination is so sweet. That blue is actually my favorite color in fact.

This time around with the winter games will be best yet I think...from beginning to end. The opening was very classy!
Old 02-13-2010, 09:51 PM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Nicely tied
Brilliant job with the wing and tail I have trouble geting mine to match like that
I stayed up way too late too and tied some grey ghosts took me over and hour each
Click the image to open in full size.

Chris
Old 02-14-2010, 01:32 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice fly, maybe staying up way to late works for you too. I don't even want to admit how long I have in mine.

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuramille View Post
This time around with the winter games will be best yet I think...from beginning to end. The opening was very classy!
I recorded the opening. Unreal. The engineers in the floor design are geniuses, even with the defect at the end. Absolutely amazing!