The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 08:45 AM

FlySlinger has a spectacular aura aboutFlySlinger has a spectacular aura about
Default This is the Fly I tied today

Hi Guys I tied a Fly today or a For the Past few day's....Lol A Very Tough Fly....I want to warn you guys that want to tye Fly Beware of the rubber legs...They are very tough to set....and this Company Montana Fly Company...These legs will loose ther color and loose there spots with the lest amont of handleing....Beware...so here is my fly...

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:15 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Re: This is the Fly I tied today

Very interesting, a humpy with legs. looks like it would handle some heavy fast water with ease. Is there already a name for it? I have no doubt that baby will attract more than a few strikes.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuramille View Post
Very interesting, a humpy with legs. looks like it would handle some heavy fast water with ease. Is there already a name for it? I have no doubt that baby will attract more than a few strikes.
No futuramille this Fly was in Jan/Feb FlyFishing Magazine and all it said was a Humpy with legs Charlie Craven Was showing his Method of tying this method....Although I Used mostly my methods...

FlySlinger
Old 02-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

You must have a bad batch of legs. I have the same color legs from Montana Fly company and have had no trouble with them. I have the orange/black also and again, not a single problem. In fact I use them as antenna on my crayfish pattern. After a pile of Smallies on a fly, there has never been any damage to that part. The biggest problem if you have a bad batch is it's going to take a pile of flies to get rid of the whole thing. It's a really nice tie by the way.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:29 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

cool, its a great looking fly and an excellent job of tying. I know what I'm tying a few of tonight!!!

thanks for sharing this!

that craw daddy is amaising too Dan...

Last edited by futuramille; 02-23-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: complement Dan's mudbug tie ( :
Old 02-23-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
You must have a bad batch of legs. I have the same color legs from Montana Fly company and have had no trouble with them. I have the orange/black also and again, not a single problem. In fact I use them as antenna on my crayfish pattern. After a pile of Smallies on a fly, there has never been any damage to that part. The biggest problem if you have a bad batch is it's going to take a pile of flies to get rid of the whole thing. It's a really nice tie by the way.
Dan I bought 3 packs all different colors....all where bad....Believe me if you Breath on them they will Fade they were called Mini leg's terrible Just Terrible

FlySlinger
Old 02-25-2010, 01:01 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd call them up and see what they say. I bought a huge pile of them few years ago. I could literally floss my teeth with them and not harm them in the slightest. Maybe they ran a batch with bad dye or something. Maybe they will exchange them for good ones.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:53 AM

Jimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud of

Good looking fly FlySlinger. Love to tie one but made a note to myself a long time ago; "buy your Humpy's, do not attempt to tie another one",
Old 02-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySlinger View Post
Hi Guys I tied a Fly today or a For the Past few day's....Lol A Very Tough Fly....I want to warn you guys that want to tye Fly Beware of the rubber legs...They are very tough to set....and this Company Montana Fly Company...These legs will loose ther color and loose there spots with the lest amont of handleing....Beware...so here is my fly...

That should be a great fly for fast waters,very interesting tying