The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Fly Tying Discussions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-fly-tying-discussions/)
-   -   man did i get a deal or what (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-fly-tying-discussions/12877-man-did-i-get-deal-what.html)

luked 03-04-2010 03:44 PM

man did i get a deal or what

was lookin around today to get a new vise...heard a lot about the Peak rotary so was lookin for a deal on them.....well i found one....was on Amazon and saw that there was one listed for $84.95.....had to look a few times since i know that they are normally $143......everything looked good so i ordered it along with the Midge jaw kit.......well low and behold the guy that owns the shop called me......he had put the wrong price for it on his site...he put the price of the non rotary on the rotary......so i got a rotary Peak for 84.95.......it was a C Clamp base which i like the pedestal so thought i would use my pedestal i have when i got it....well when the guy called he said he would switch out the c clamp for the pedestal for me.......how good is that......was gonna put in a post and let you all know what site it was untill i went back in and looked just a second ago and he has already changed it sure am glad i jumped on it thats for sure

raindogt 03-04-2010 05:28 PM

Re: man did i get a deal or what

I appreciate the heads up for the (now expired) good price, but the guy sounds like he did you right. For that, you should promote his business even if the same deal isn't part of the equation. Let your friends know who he is, let anyone here know that expresses interest- (not me-- I'm happy with my thomson 'a' vise, thanks...).

Sounds like his service alone is worth the reasonable retail pricing....

mcnerney 03-05-2010 12:23 AM

luked: You got a steal on that Peak Vise! Congrats, and like raindogt said, you should promote his business, he obviously is a stand-up guy!

Larry

simmons_j_m 03-05-2010 12:26 AM

Very nice score Luked... that's what I paid for my Danvise. Definitely heap praise on his business... not too many people in today's world would honor a mistaken price.

- Justin

luked 03-05-2010 08:47 AM

thats true guys he was a stand up guy here is his shop store front on Amazon.
i was really tickled to get the deal thats for sure been needing a new vise and always wanted a rotary and just never got one.

edsflyshop 03-06-2010 02:12 AM

luked, You sure did get a great deal. I was the fool that put in the wrong price. For some reason I put in the Non-Rotary Price. My loss and your gain. Let me know if I can help any of you with your Peak Fishing needs. I hope you enjoy your new vice. I did swap the c-clamp for the pedestal. Make sure you tell all your friends about my store.
Tight Lines,
Ed
Ed's Fly Shop
flyfishingco@gmail.com

Brewmaster 03-14-2010 04:16 AM

Ed sounded like a pretty stand-up guy since he honored his price mistake on LukeD's vise; so I decided to order a couple of optional components for my Peak vise from Ed's Fly Shop:
or
mailto:flyfishingco@gmail.com

I ordered the components on Tuesday evening, and went fishing for a couple of days. When I got back from fishing the shipment had arrived and was waiting for me - same day turnaround on the order and 2 days total shipping time (with NO special shipping cost) - not too shabby at all!

Ed was easy to work with, has good prices, and as mentioned .... great service. I give him my best recommendation - I would buy from Ed again.

drnihili 03-14-2010 12:47 PM

Can you try to post that link again Brewmaster? I tried to go there to check inventory and prices before heading of to my LFS but got an error. Ed should feel free to post the link if he sees this before Brewmaster.

luked 03-14-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drnihili (Post 85669)
Can you try to post that link again Brewmaster? I tried to go there to check inventory and prices before heading of to my LFS but got an error. Ed should feel free to post the link if he sees this before Brewmaster.

the link in my post will take you to Ed's FLy shop page as well bud....a great guy to deal with for sure will be ordering more from him here soon

drnihili 03-14-2010 08:19 PM

I get the same error on your link that I do on Brewmaster's. *shrug*