The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 03:44 PM

luked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the rough
Default man did i get a deal or what

was lookin around today to get a new vise...heard a lot about the Peak rotary so was lookin for a deal on them.....well i found one....was on Amazon and saw that there was one listed for $84.95.....had to look a few times since i know that they are normally $143......everything looked good so i ordered it along with the Midge jaw kit.......well low and behold the guy that owns the shop called me......he had put the wrong price for it on his site...he put the price of the non rotary on the rotary......so i got a rotary Peak for 84.95.......it was a C Clamp base which i like the pedestal so thought i would use my pedestal i have when i got it....well when the guy called he said he would switch out the c clamp for the pedestal for me.......how good is that......was gonna put in a post and let you all know what site it was untill i went back in and looked just a second ago and he has already changed it sure am glad i jumped on it thats for sure
Old 03-04-2010, 05:28 PM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of
Default Re: man did i get a deal or what

I appreciate the heads up for the (now expired) good price, but the guy sounds like he did you right. For that, you should promote his business even if the same deal isn't part of the equation. Let your friends know who he is, let anyone here know that expresses interest- (not me-- I'm happy with my thomson 'a' vise, thanks...).

Sounds like his service alone is worth the reasonable retail pricing....
Old 03-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

luked: You got a steal on that Peak Vise! Congrats, and like raindogt said, you should promote his business, he obviously is a stand-up guy!

Larry
Old 03-05-2010, 12:26 AM

simmons_j_m is on a distinguished road

Very nice score Luked... that's what I paid for my Danvise. Definitely heap praise on his business... not too many people in today's world would honor a mistaken price.

- Justin
Old 03-05-2010, 08:47 AM

luked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the rough

thats true guys he was a stand up guy here is his shop store front on Amazon.
i was really tickled to get the deal thats for sure been needing a new vise and always wanted a rotary and just never got one.

Ed's Fly Shop @ Amazon.com: Ed's Fly Shop @ Amazon.com:
Old 03-06-2010, 02:12 AM

edsflyshop is on a distinguished road

luked, You sure did get a great deal. I was the fool that put in the wrong price. For some reason I put in the Non-Rotary Price. My loss and your gain. Let me know if I can help any of you with your Peak Fishing needs. I hope you enjoy your new vice. I did swap the c-clamp for the pedestal. Make sure you tell all your friends about my store.
Tight Lines,
Ed
Ed's Fly Shop
flyfishingco@gmail.com
Old 03-14-2010, 04:16 AM

Brewmaster is just really niceBrewmaster is just really niceBrewmaster is just really niceBrewmaster is just really nice

Ed sounded like a pretty stand-up guy since he honored his price mistake on LukeD's vise; so I decided to order a couple of optional components for my Peak vise from Ed's Fly Shop:
Amazon.com: ed's fly shop Amazon.com: ed's fly shop
or
mailto:flyfishingco@gmail.com

I ordered the components on Tuesday evening, and went fishing for a couple of days. When I got back from fishing the shipment had arrived and was waiting for me - same day turnaround on the order and 2 days total shipping time (with NO special shipping cost) - not too shabby at all!

Ed was easy to work with, has good prices, and as mentioned .... great service. I give him my best recommendation - I would buy from Ed again.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:47 PM

drnihili is on a distinguished road

Can you try to post that link again Brewmaster? I tried to go there to check inventory and prices before heading of to my LFS but got an error. Ed should feel free to post the link if he sees this before Brewmaster.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnihili View Post
Can you try to post that link again Brewmaster? I tried to go there to check inventory and prices before heading of to my LFS but got an error. Ed should feel free to post the link if he sees this before Brewmaster.
the link in my post will take you to Ed's FLy shop page as well bud....a great guy to deal with for sure will be ordering more from him here soon
Old 03-14-2010, 08:19 PM

drnihili is on a distinguished road

I get the same error on your link that I do on Brewmaster's. *shrug*