The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 09:04 AM

luked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the rough
Default got my new Vise in yesterday

got my new Peak vise in yesterday....man i thought the Anvil Apex i have was nice this peak rocks....havent got to use it yet will be doin that tonight but put it todather and messed around with it a bit last night and this thing is awsome.....glad i went with the peak.....got to put the midge jaws in tonight since i got them but man this thing is sweet

if anyone needs a Anvil Apex to start out with ill make them a heck of a deal on one
Old 03-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: got my new Vise in yesterday

Glad you like it Luke...The Peak vise is very successful on the forum...there must be some good reasons
Old 03-09-2010, 12:50 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Cool!
Midge Jaws: There is a flat on one side of the jaw shaft, and it has to face down toward the set screw. I tend not to read directions, and the jaw won't
function smoothly if that flat isn't properly oriented. Also, you only need to
remove one e-clip. There's enough shaft length that you can slide the clip
over far enough to use a pair of forceps to remove it.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Luked: Congrats, glad to see you finally got the new Peak Vice in, you will really enjoy tying with that vice.

Larry
Old 03-09-2010, 02:42 PM

luked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
Cool!
Midge Jaws: There is a flat on one side of the jaw shaft, and it has to face down toward the set screw. I tend not to read directions, and the jaw won't
function smoothly if that flat isn't properly oriented. Also, you only need to
remove one e-clip. There's enough shaft length that you can slide the clip
over far enough to use a pair of forceps to remove it.
Thanks Frank...ill check it out...im like you i dont read instructions either