The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 12:52 PM

Brewmaster is just really niceBrewmaster is just really niceBrewmaster is just really niceBrewmaster is just really nice
Default Parachute Tool

I saw an ad for the Griffin Extended Body and Parachute Tool. I have never used one of these and wanted to know if someone who has used one can give me their impression of its usefulness for tying parachutes or extended bodies. Is it a good tool for when you are starting out tying parachutes or extended bodies, or is it just one of those tools that as soon as you have some experience it just isn't necessary at all?

Thanks,
Old 03-13-2010, 02:24 PM

flytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura aboutflytyer_neal has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Parachute Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewmaster View Post
I saw an ad for the Griffin Extended Body and Parachute Tool. I have never used one of these and wanted to know if someone who has used one can give me their impression of its usefulness for tying parachutes or extended bodies. Is it a good tool for when you are starting out tying parachutes or extended bodies, or is it just one of those tools that as soon as you have some experience it just isn't necessary at all?

Thanks,
It rocks......I use mine with my Peak Vise.....mounts right up and is so user friendly.....I have decent talent.....not great by far in my opinion, but why not have the xtra set of hands....I find it very valuable.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:43 PM

flytyingfred is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Parachute Tool

I have one on my atlas vise and I like it a lot and like neal said and extra hand is always handy. I rigged it to also double as my bobbin cradle for rotary tying. fred