The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 04:04 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of
Default first time out with a bugger

well I got out today and tied on 2 wets and thought what can I use too get them down faster so on whent a big beadhead bugger. The first school of fish I came across were suprisingly intrested in this bugger and not the wets the main problem was I coulddnt hide myself well enough and kept spooking them as they were about too take , after a 4lb fish followed me across the river half a dozen times the wind took the cast into the willows and that was the end of my bugger and 4lb tippet, the fish in the L2 usuly wont take big flies at the end of the season as most of them have learnt there lesson by now, next season Ill be trying more buggers and trying again a nice way too end a season

Ill tie some more and post a pic it was a magpie bugger white/grey
(Magpie is pest like a big black bird but nasty)

Chris
Old 04-02-2010, 09:36 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: first time out with a bugger

The fly

Click the image to open in full size.

Chris
Old 04-02-2010, 01:14 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

The great thing about the bugger is that just about every bugger variation will catch fish. For your late season fish, try tying some buggers with a thinner profile.

MP
Old 04-02-2010, 05:24 PM

Thanks MP Ill give that a try

Chris
Old 04-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Chris: Nice looking bugger, I'd like to hear how you do with a little slimmer profile as MP suggested. Keep us posted!

Larry