The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 10:34 AM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default How Do All Store Your Beads

I found these following one sale at Joann's website Jewelry Designer Bead Storage System*: embellishment cases*: scrapbook storage*: storage*: Shop | Joann.com

There is a store near my house and they always honor the website prices. I think I'm going to pick up a couple this evening after work.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:21 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Do All Store Your Beads

I use 2x3 Pop Top Boxes. Each box can hold six different sizes of beads. For what I tie, that will cover everything from midge size to midsized stonefly size. Each box will cover a different bead color.

Click the image to open in full size.

Dennis
Old 05-31-2011, 01:02 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

I use the weekly pill box string. I removed the lettering (M-T-W) with acetone then made my own labels.
Glass beads I used the stacked screw type cylinders since size isn't an issue. No labels.
I'll take pictures later and edit this post.

Last edited by Jimmie; 06-01-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:00 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

I have bead containers too. Just like both of you have. I also have some in individual packets, that I have a special drawer for.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:23 PM

overefined is on a distinguished road

My beads seem to be everywhere, I have double sided pill boxes and bags, and film canisters, does anyone have a good magnet tool to pick up/organize/move their beads and hooks?
Old 06-01-2011, 09:24 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

I got a cool extending arm magnet for a couple of bucks at Auto Zone.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
I use the weekly pill box string. I removed the lettering (M-T-W) with acetone then made my own labels.
Glass beads I used the stacked screw type cylinders since size isn't an issue. No labels.
I'll take pictures later and edit this post.

Dang Jimmie, you need to get out and fish more, your way to organized! LOL! You should see my mess, all my beads are in one big tuperware container, I just throw the beads in there in the original packing, trying to sort through the mess is a big problem. I sure like your idea!

Larry

Old 06-02-2011, 12:38 AM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

You're right on a couple of counts Larry. I do need to fish more
The initial set-up is a pain. After that it's really nice. Used to be you could get those cheapo pill boxes at the drug store for nothing. Now there is a little charge but not much.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:32 PM

notenuftoys has a spectacular aura aboutnotenuftoys has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBum View Post
I found these following one sale at Joann's website Jewelry Designer Bead Storage System*: embellishment cases*: scrapbook storage*: storage*: Shop | Joann.com

There is a store near my house and they always honor the website prices. I think I'm going to pick up a couple this evening after work.
That's exactly what I use also. I have two so far, 1 for tungsten beads, the other for brass. I like to keep colors separated, so I use a label maker to put a small size label on the each container. Keeps everything very nicely organized.

I bought mine at Michaels, and they always have coupons you can print off their website.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:30 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: How Do All Store Your Beads

Notenuftoys, Flyfishing, as therapy for your OCD, isn't working!

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey