The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 02:40 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Got a VLADI WORM question

Ok guys some of you have to know what brand of condem is pink that ties the vladi worm i have tied it out of orange and it looks like fish will eat it but i can not find a pink condem and the pharmisist act like we have lost our minds when we ask and its even better when the girlfriend ask i would really appreciate it if some one knew this info ...

shannon
Old 07-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got a VLADI WORM question

Shannon: When I get off work I will send you the brand I found last winter, can't recall the name off the top of my head. I ordered several from online and finally found pink, it is not that common so it is hard to locate. The funny part was I also found a fly shop that sold pink latex, I ordered some to find out it was a pink condom! LOL!

Larry

Old 07-19-2011, 03:18 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

Would Pink latex gloves work? IF so check out medical supply places, if not. I see colored ones in gas station bathrooms all the time.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:43 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

thanks Larry i really appreciate it i have found all the other colors and like i said orange looks good lol
Old 07-19-2011, 03:45 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer09 View Post
Would Pink latex gloves work? IF so check out medical supply places, if not. I see colored ones in gas station bathrooms all the time.
I dont think so---gloves are to thick comparing to condom..
And Durex make them pink
Old 07-19-2011, 04:03 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

I'd like to see a picture of one of these, they sound interesting.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer09 View Post
I'd like to see a picture of one of these, they sound interesting.
Here you go:

Larry

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimulator2 View Post
Ok guys some of you have to know what brand of condem is pink that ties the vladi worm i have tied it out of orange and it looks like fish will eat it but i can not find a pink condem and the pharmisist act like we have lost our minds when we ask and its even better when the girlfriend ask i would really appreciate it if some one knew this info ...

shannon
Shannon: Here you go, click on the "Crown Skinless" link:
Condom Worm for Fly Flishing - The Vladi Worm

Larry

Old 07-19-2011, 07:29 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

Go to your local family planning center. They have a variety of condoms. If you expalin what they are for, they may let you sort for teh color you want.

These are UNLUBRICATED ones from my local family planning center. The condoms were out of date, and I got a lifetime supply at 10 for a dollar. I bought every pink one they had. Unlubed ones are harder to get but easier to tie with.

Click the image to open in full size.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 07-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

You Know, I've read this thread and it left me with one sobering thought. How did I ever make it this far without using the Vladi Worm?

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-20-2011, 01:22 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

hey, i'll try anything once, or twice lol...looks like a wicked pattern. may have to get me some pink ones

casey

ARFE