The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 02:28 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default I Need a Prescription.................

I was walking down the gangway to the dock today and I saw a female Eider duck emerge from an underwater foraging expedition.

I immediately started thinking; let's see, speckled brown feathers, soft Eider down pillows, soft webby hackles: ......................that's a soft hackle for stillwaters!.....................

Eider Down

There must be a pill that will get me back to normal........................but, I haven't found it yet..........

Any ideas?

Pocono
Old 08-11-2011, 02:34 PM

texastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: I Need a Prescription.................

There are tons of rabbit road kills around here. You know what we can do do with them.
If you find one, please let me know.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:45 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

The prescription, I'm afraid, is another addiction: it starts with a Fed Duck stamp and a 12 guage and can eventually take over a large portion of your garage and most of your income.
Just be glad you didn't see a moose!!

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 08-11-2011, 09:12 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post

There must be a pill that will get me back to normal........................but, I haven't found it yet..........

Any ideas?

Pocono
O no mister there is no cure for your disease

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJer View Post
The prescription, I'm afraid, is another addiction: it starts with a Fed Duck stamp and a 12 guage and can eventually take over a large portion of your garage and most of your income.
But this shore can release some of your pain Pocono
Old 08-12-2011, 11:31 AM

stimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to behold

keep in mind, we all inflicted this illness upon ourselves... and I fear it is incurable... I have to empty all funds form my pockets before entering a thrift store or craft store to keep me from buying a discarded fur collar or an "interesting looking spool of thread, yarn, or beads"
Old 08-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Allan,I advise you to stop fishing with me....I'm even more seriously contaminated than you and dangerously contagious
Old 08-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Wow you are far north-- we get a few eider along the coast during winter. Looks like some excellent feathers--

Not sure that there's a cure for what you've got though-- and this forum is
probably exactly the wrong forum to ask for advice -- (he says from a desk strewn with feathers and animal body parts).
Old 08-12-2011, 02:08 PM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

I'm afraid the epidemic is worldwide as I took my sixteen month old grand daughter Jessica to nearby Chester Zoo last month and every time I saw a bird or animal all I could think about was how I could make use of their feathers or hair. Terrible addiction!
Old 08-12-2011, 02:15 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Ya, I know. I was making a concerted effort to think about other things, but while patting one of our Basset Hounds last night, I started thinking: "I wonder how long it will be before he blows his coat again; would make an interesting dubbing mix..........."

Ouuuuuuuuuu..........

Pocono
Old 08-12-2011, 05:04 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

When I saw the title, all I could think of was Christopher Walken saying, "I've got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!"

And yeah, I plan on providing turkey feather, duck feather, hare's mask, and deer fur as much as I can, assuming I don't spend my time chowing down on tag soup due to fishing too much.... I tried tying some bass plugs when i was down visiting my parents since there are none sold by stores around my parent's house, and for feathers I borrowed some colorful ones off a random mardi gras or party boa that was in the garage, haha.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...