The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 11:49 AM

stimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to behold
Default 12 Step Program

Hello, My name is Larry and it's been two weeks since I've tied a fly... umm, yeah, I have to admit, I *HAVE* looked at catalogs and straightened out my materials though...

I've had a good chuckle over the past month or so reading the "I need a Prescription" and "Like I need another expensive hobby" type threads. When I see these I think about how long I've been doing this and the fact that I started when I was 9 years old and I get a little nostalgic thinking about the "Old Days" of Champion silk, Herter's and Thompson vises, Mustad hooks, and the limited volume of shops and sources for materials... AND a lack of the Internet!!

Amazing how far it's come... I have to admit, I wouldn't give up this expensive sickness for much of anything. My eyesight isn't quite what it was, my grip isn't as tight as it used to be, but I'll continue to tie as long as I'm able, and as long as I fish... maybe longer.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 12 Step Program

What a great idea, let's put together a 12 Step Program. Please feel free to contribute ideas.

Step 1. Explain why you need a hare's mask to a vegan.

Step 2.?
Old 08-12-2011, 01:16 PM

stimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to behold

Step 2. Explain that SADDLE HACKLES ARE NOT intended to be woven into women's hair
Old 08-12-2011, 02:24 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Step 3 Steams and wilderness areas aren't a sanctuary they are a food bank

Dave
Old 08-13-2011, 06:55 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

step 4 Thank god for creating the beautiful and wonderful places trout live.

Dave