The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 05:54 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default The next 'wave' in hair fashion?

I hope so, so that they leave our feathers alone!

Feather Hair Extension DIY Kit with Synthetic Feathers | eBay
dabluz likes this.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:55 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The next 'wave' in hair fashion?

I like the looks of that stuff. Maybe we could steal from them !
It's called 100% kanekalon synthetic wig

Click the image to open in full size.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:10 AM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

AhhHaa, had to happen. Guess that it would be rude to say "told them so". I've talked with everyone from "W" Farms to many fly shops. Still waiting for my order of 2 midge; 2 small saddles that I placed approx 4 months ago. Hope that the synthetics float well. I'm ready.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:31 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

Those actually look pretty cool. I dig the barred look. I could figure out how to use them.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:30 PM

stimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to behold

Interesting, so this stuff looks like "synthetic hair" or basically what we've known as "Super Hair" Super Hair Fly Tying Synthetic Hair by offthehooksupply in the past dyed to approximate the look of "grizzly" saddle hackles?

KEWL... now, maybe this will give them enuff of what THEY want to get them to back off of what WE NEED to do our thing??
Old 09-02-2011, 03:02 PM

bruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the rough

Maybe we can buy up all the synthetics to drive up the costs for them, get a little sweet revenge.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:17 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

That's how I got flashabou for the first time 30 years ago . My little girl (at the time) had a wig from Busch Gardens made out of it. Read the tag called Hedron the manufacturer in Minnesota got it so cheap I still haven't used it all ! $3 a spool (not Hank) full spool!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 12-04-2012, 11:28 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

I thought maybe this was a thread about women rubbing mud and sticks into their hair now
Old 01-27-2013, 05:07 PM

blair_k is on a distinguished road

Hi I'm new to the site,you should check out hair tinsel,good colors and 20 inchs long.It's on e-bay.Hopefully the prices on saddles will drop soon.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
That's how I got flashabou for the first time 30 years ago . My little girl (at the time) had a wig from Busch Gardens made out of it. Read the tag called Hedron the manufacturer in Minnesota got it so cheap I still haven't used it all ! $3 a spool (not Hank) full spool!
Hedron makes the glow in the dark flashabou I use in my Walleye flies. Those synthetic hackles have been on E Bay for a long time. I see auctions all the time end for them with zero bids. I am also starting to see the real hackle auctions starting to end with zero bids. I think the end of this most annoying trend is in sight. I am going to bet that when it does you are going to be able to pick up a lot of stuff really cheap. Some of these people stocked way up and are going to have to unload the left overs.

And welcome to the forum Blair K.