The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2011, 07:23 AM

bruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the rough
Default PSA on Biot placement

For some reason I have always struggled with the placement of my goose biots when tying them into the tail, they would always move down or get uneven to some extent. Recently while watching a video of another tier, he put both the biots it self holding tweezers in the shape that he wanted, he then put a dab of head cement where they crossed and let dry, they are now fixed in the desired shape and much easier to handled while tying them in, This might be old hat to others but new to me and very helpful, just wanted to pass it on.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:41 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future
Default Re: PSA on Biot placement

Yeah, that is a good one. May try that myself.
Some tying sessions I just nail them all. It seems so easy to tie in as a pair. Then there's the session where I give up and tie them in individually.