The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 01:21 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Tropical strom lee /october caddis

Well on sat. i had to go to Georgia to mow my hunting property for the up coming deer season.Trying to do it in front of the storm well got that done so on sunday with the storm on the way i made it home with the weather perfect to fish,but i needed to sow some grass seed and decided to hurry and do that and it started to rain well grabbed my gear and Ann and i were on our to the big fish we lost well by the time we got there the water was very muddy so much for that but i tried with no luck.Well i told Ann we would give it a couple hours well it was still mud.So plans were made for Monday morning we were going .Well my phone rang just before daylight and i never answer my home phone but for some reason i did and it was my Uncle who has cancer and needed to go to urgent care for a wound that opened up in his elbow and his wife couldn't take him.So Ann and i went to take him and as we crossed the bridge the water was perfect.Well when we got him back home you guessed it,pouring the rain grabbed my gear got the water and yep muddy gave up as it poured the rest of the day so sat down at the vice and came up with this foam October Caddis.
Click the image to open in full size.
Hook iahachii 1270 #12 or #10
Body: Orange foam 2mm
Wing : Orange Deer Hair
Hackle:Brown
And a Green Vladi Worm.
Hook:TMC 300 #10
Thread; Charteruse
Underbody:Green Furry Foam
Overbody:Yellow Condom wrapped just once
Rib: Brown Mono 2lb
Turned out to be productive after all..
Old 09-06-2011, 03:21 PM

bruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Tropical strom lee /october caddis

Nice job Shannon they look like some day when the rain gives way they'll have some fish attached to them. I am in the same boat today with the weather, went out this morning to see how the local rivers looked and they are all just waayyy to fast and full for anything, the forecast looks like more fly tying than fly fishing also.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tropical strom lee /october caddis

Shannon: Sorry to hear about the bad luck with the wx, but it was more important to help your uncle in time of need. I like the flies you have tied, good luck with them and keep us posted on the fishing when the water clears.
It is raining here today!

Larry