The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Great tying video- The Brassie

This is an excellent video showing some innovative ways to tie a very durable version of a simple fly that's extremely productive

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:30 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: Great tying video- The Brassie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
This is an excellent video showing some innovative ways to tie a very durable version of a simple fly that's extremely productive

Brassie on Vimeo
The videos by tighline productions are absolutely the best.
I've tied most of the flies in the videos and practically every video teaches a new trick to make flies more durable.

Great series of videos, the rest are certainly worth checking out, and the webpage is worth bookmarking.

Addicted To Vise
Old 10-06-2011, 02:56 PM

bruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the rough

Those are some good video's, just bookmarked them for future.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:39 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

I love watching others tie flies. Thanks for sharing that.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:10 AM

rvc is on a distinguished road

Yep, good stuff here Cliff. Thank you.

RVC
Old 10-07-2011, 10:50 AM

texastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the video. I like his prep. It looks very organized.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:46 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

I like that tip on wrapping the herl over glue. My hackle pliers alway break herl and when I wrap it with my fingers, I always lose it and have to re-wrap. That tip should cure that. Neat!

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey