The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 11:46 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold
Default Identify this vise.

I am a novice looking to get into tying and I came across this deal in a local shop just starting up. I'm sure this is most likely a heck of a deal (although not 100% positive). Through my research I am led to believe that this is a Renzetti Travelers 2000 model. I do not think the vice or tools come with any original packaging. Any input on the vice and tools would be greatly appreciated.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks, Chase.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:24 AM

Jimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Identify this vise.

Yep, Renzetti (could even be an older style presentation vise). Tools are top notch too. Heck of a deal. I'd jump on it before it's too late. You would not lose. Someone on here would buy it for that price.
I just noticed the "backdrop visual plate". Great deal.

Last edited by Jimmie; 10-12-2011 at 12:26 AM. Reason: back plate
Old 10-12-2011, 12:29 AM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Jimmie! If anyone else thinks they know the exact model of this vice let me know.

Chase
Old 10-12-2011, 04:04 AM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
Yep, Renzetti (could even be an older style presentation vise). Tools are top notch too. Heck of a deal. I'd jump on it before it's too late. You would not lose. Someone on here would buy it for that price.
I just noticed the "backdrop visual plate". Great deal.
And grab that fly rod that's right next to it. vr

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by innes View Post
And grab that fly rod that's right next to it. vr
And the bag of thread below.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:36 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

I have the Travelers Vise, it looks identical.. mine is probably older, it came with the older style jaw screw, I changed it to this cam verison a couple years ago

And this one has more accesories on it.

Seems like a decent price.. with the new ones in the 190 range
Old 10-12-2011, 09:38 AM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is a model 2000 traveler.

The model 2100 has aluminum colored and not brass knobs. The current model is the 2200 series.

Silver

http://tinyurl.com/kkctayx

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 10-12-2011, 11:15 AM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

I think it is a decent deal. Go for it.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I hope you bought that..............................

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-12-2011, 01:40 PM

Thanks everybody for the input, I called the shop owner today and he is shipping it all my way, thread included. Now I'll have something more to do during the winter months.

Chase
Old 10-12-2011, 02:18 PM

bruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the rough

looks like a nice score, congrats on your new purchase and hobby.