The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 12:43 PM

tyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to all
Default Flymen Fishing Company

Just wondering if anyone has tried out the Sculpin Helmets and the Articulated Shanks they have recently put out. I have seen a lot of sweet pictures of some patterns people have tied up. I cant wait to try them out my self.

There is one fly they have on their site that I really want to tie. They have a recipe for a "river rabbit" and the streamer that I see on there looks really similar. I think it may just be an articulated river rabbit. I imagine it would be tied the same. I will have to play around with it and see.

Here is a link to the page for anyone who hasnt check them out yet.

Flymen Fishing Company
Old 10-13-2011, 03:13 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: Flymen Fishing Company

I did a review on this forum recently of these products which you can find here with some of the patterns i tied.

More recently i've tied using the frantic tails, a color variant of the forage fly listed on the flymen site, tied with two tone cross cut rabbit strips.
Click the image to open in full size.

Addicted To Vise
Old 10-13-2011, 04:31 PM

tyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to all

Awesome write up!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:46 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Joni tied up some "Skullpins" last week. The small brown/bronze colored heads with brown rabbit. Talk about a b1tch to cast with a 5w and Type II sinking line! The first five casts I had 5 hits and 3 hookups. I'm going to have to experiment some more to see if I was just in the right place at the right time. And go to a 6w rod. Going to also try some of the Fish Skulls on some more patterns she tied up.
So far, I like them.