The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 08:05 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default International Fly Tying Symposium

Next weekend, Nov 19 and 20, in Somerset NJ, is the International Fly Tying Symposium

I'm thinking to head over there on the saturday (got half marathon on sunday, so can only do one day)

Any other members going to be in attendance?

Addicted To Vise
Old 11-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Fly Tying Symposium

I wish this event was closer to Wyoming, I'd love to attend. Looks like some very good classes and tons of great tiers in attendance.

Larry

Old 11-13-2011, 08:50 AM

bruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the rough

I'm going to try and make one of those days, it's about a three hour drive but I have nothing scheduled for then.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:46 PM

Runarsson is on a distinguished road

I'm coming over to tie with 10 of my friends... "The Swedish Invasion 2011"

Click the image to open in full size.

http://swedishflytyersinvasion.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Runarsson; 11-13-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runarsson View Post
I'm coming over to tie with 10 of my friends... "The Swedish Invasion 2011"
Runarsson,

Welcome to the forum! I hope you fellows have a great trip to the US and also that you will post here about your fishing in Sweden.

Welcome,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-13-2011, 02:34 PM

Runarsson is on a distinguished road

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to it. I was at Sowbug Roundup 2006 and 2008 in Mountain Home, AR. Then unemployment combined with a couple of daughters started to slow down the spare money from catching back up and I slowly made my peace with the fact that 2008 would be the last time I tied in the US.
But a few of us started to talk about this a couple of years ago and suddenly the project was a fact. The list of people who have helped us with the financial part of this trip has grown long now.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:46 PM

auntrout will become famous soon enough

Have they ever held the International Fly Tying Symposium on the west coast?
Old 11-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Man would I love to come to that! Welcome to the forum Runarsson, by the way. Hope to see some of your flies on here.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:00 PM

stimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to beholdstimmy7 is a splendid one to behold

It's always been in Somerset NJ.... AFAIK

The Sowbug Roundup is always in Mountain Home AR- Tony Spezio use dot host this, not sure if he still does or not.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:30 AM

jpd5184 is on a distinguished road

runarrson, are you doing any of the tying classes they are having. i was considering doing the european and czech nymphing class on sunday.