The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 10:58 PM

jhammer has a spectacular aura aboutjhammer has a spectacular aura about
Default A gift to my daughter

My daughter has a little four foot Christmas tree in her room just like I always did when I was a kid. My wife suggested that maybe I could make her an ornament/fly for her little tree. The tree is pink, and it just so happens that I have some pink material. I ended up tying a pink Seaducer for her. I cut the end of the hook off and ran some Cajun Red line through the hook eye as a way to hang it on the tree.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:34 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Re: A gift to my daughter

That is pretty cool! I never thought of that! I seen one once where they put a fly in a bulb type ornament also! check it out!
Click the image to open in full size.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:08 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Ahh, What a good dad!

I like this time of year, mostly because I get to see my family a little more, and I (and work) tend to slow down a little and that gives me more time to be thankful for the things that really matter, family, friends, the great outdoors, the man upstairs, etc.

You keep up the good work jhammer - you never know what one little act or memory your kids will have of you when they are older.

Mine is of my dad pulling my brother and I on a sled, so we could go to the corner store and get a tootsie roll pop, (hey we were poor) and we kept hitting him in the back with snowballs, and then pretending it wasnt us, he would look around and say hey, who threw that - we are like 4 or 5, but it stuck as one of those early memories that for some reason I can still recall plain as day.

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:42 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea jhammer and it never occurred to put trees in my girls room.

Good to see you back on the forum McFly

Dave
Old 12-04-2011, 09:04 AM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice

Both of those look great.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

jhammer: Cool idea for a xmas tree!

McFly: Very nice!

Larry

Larry
Old 12-04-2011, 11:11 AM

jhammer has a spectacular aura aboutjhammer has a spectacular aura about

Thanks guys! She'll understand it more when she gets older. She's only a year old, but it still works because of the "Ooooooh pretty" factor.