The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 12:07 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of
Default For those who tie "TINY"...

Click the image to open in full size.

...16/0 in 12 color selections and more...

From Denmark:

veevus.dk

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 01-02-2012, 12:25 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: For those who tie "TINY"...

I wonder if it's finer and as strong as Benecchi?
Old 01-02-2012, 12:52 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
I wonder if it's finer and as strong as Benecchi?
I have been using the Tiemco 16/0 and prefer it over Gordon Griffith 14/0 and Benecchi 12/0...note that the above is ONLY currently available a four shops...my experience with with most European threads is that they are very high quality and some, like Lagartun 74 Denier, are very strong and lay flat off the spool...I am hoping that is the case with this 16/0 thread...

When I have it in my bobbin I will provide further info.

PT/TB

Old 01-02-2012, 02:22 PM

la_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of light

Worth a try I guess. Tried tying a parachute on a 24 Tiemco 100 and I need a new set of eyes
Old 01-02-2012, 02:47 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by planettrout View Post
I have been using the Tiemco 16/0 and prefer it over Gordon Griffith 14/0 and Benecchi 12/0...note that the above is ONLY currently available a four shops...
PT/TB
I use Gordon Griffith on the tiny flies but I hate the issues I have with the spooling. The thread always seems to fall off the spool or something... I waste more than I use.
I will give Tiemco a go, thanks for that!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:30 PM

PHOTO BY: Finn Jensen

VEEVUS 10/0 Thread colors...

Here are some comparative breaking strengths (straight pull) from Veevus:

“For those interested who are interested, we compared the breaking-strength for the veevus threads with UNI and Benecchi.”

uni 6/0 = around 930g
veevus 6/0 = above 1kg

uni 8/0 = around 450g
veevus 8/0 = above 1kg

benecchi 10/0 = around 650g
veevus 10/0 = around 800g

benecchi 12/0 = around 450g
veevus 12/0 = around 530g

veevus 14/0 = around 520g

veevus 16/0 = around 430g

PT/TB

Last edited by planettrout; 01-10-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:43 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

I've been using a 17/0 thread for a bit but its white - just use a marker to color it. I like those color choices

Last edited by williamhj; 07-03-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:14 PM

This just in...about half an hour ago....

PT/TB

Old 07-03-2012, 09:07 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Performance Flies has Veevus in stock now. 16/0 $2.95 worth a try
http://www.performanceflies.com/Veevus
Old 07-30-2012, 02:48 PM

redleg155 is on a distinguished road

Great work! I think I would need an electron microscope to get that small. I bet they fish well though.