The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 08:52 PM

tyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to all
Default Streamers, Nymphs and Dries

Here are some of the flies I have been tying....

Click the image to open in full size.

This Hares ear was tied with the Predator weighted bodies. The finished product is pretty nice but they are kind of a pain to tie with. At least to get started.

Double Bunnies using Fish Skulls

Hawkins Triple Double....I have a feeling this is going to be a killer pattern

I used a fly rattle on this guy...They are also a pain to tie with but sound nice haha.

Mike Schmidt's Mufasa....I used a 35mm Articulated shank on the olive and then a 55mm on the black and white.

Greg Senyo's Iced Out Sculpin

- Tyler

Last edited by tyler185; 01-04-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:00 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all
Default Re: Streamers, Nymphs and Dries

Nice work Tyler, get in the fly swap so I can own one.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:35 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

those are great looking flies. I took me ages to perfect the dubbing heads on those streamers. Have you seen Senyo's new Joker?? I tied one the other day. I hope you dont mind me including a few fly pics on your thread.
Also Rich Stolis ties some great flies if you like Mike Schmidt and Greg Senyo patterns, as well as Patrick Robinson. All those steelhead alley boys tie great stuff.
You can find Rich's patterns by searching RICH STROLIS on Vimeo, or checkout his blog Catching Shadows.

Here's a couple i tied from these guys.
Rich Strolis Meat Helmet sculpin (different body material as i couldnt source body fur locally)
Rich Strolis Hog Snare Streamer (my color variant ; double articulated)
Greg Senyo's Joker
Robinsons Munchable Minnow
Mikes Red Rockets

Addicted To Vise
Old 01-04-2012, 12:27 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Some real nice stuff you two are turning out, Tyler I'm liking the first wet best.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-04-2012, 02:11 AM

bigtel is a jewel in the roughbigtel is a jewel in the roughbigtel is a jewel in the rough

reckon the pike over here would love them real crackers

terry

Last edited by bigtel; 01-04-2012 at 02:12 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-04-2012, 08:21 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtel View Post
reckon the pike over here would love them real crackers

terry
Funny you should say that Terry. My young nephew in Ireland has been asking me for flies this winter for that very reason, and i sent him some of the flies in the pictures i posted. Lets see how they work out for him. He's only 7 and already obsessed with pike...

Addicted To Vise
Old 01-04-2012, 09:34 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Good work, tyler, I like those double bunnies, particularly the white strip on the bottom. The other day is was out walking my dogs and found a very small pond that the beavers recently made on a very small spring seep. It's not of fishing size, but I was watching the midges buzz the surface and saw a little bait fish school. I noticed them when they where rolling onto a side, maybe grabbing pupa or just playing. That white underbelly is like a signal flare when they "flash". What if you tied the head on that fly at a 90 degree angle, so it is basically 90 degree off? It would twist the fly onto it's side and but when you strip it would make it look like it was 'rolling'.

Just a thought.

Tyler and Eunan, I really like those big headed articulated guys!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Tyler and Eunan: Very nice work on those streamers! Tyler, that first wet looks awesome. Congrats to both of you for some great flies.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great job guysTyler are the two rabbit strips stuck together on the 5th and 6th pics?...looks like a very good idea...
Old 01-04-2012, 05:07 PM

tyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Some real nice stuff you two are turning out, Tyler I'm liking the first wet best.
Thanks. I just started tying them. I want to fish them this year. I keep hearing how great they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Good work, tyler, I like those double bunnies, particularly the white strip on the bottom. The other day is was out walking my dogs and found a very small pond that the beavers recently made on a very small spring seep. It's not of fishing size, but I was watching the midges buzz the surface and saw a little bait fish school. I noticed them when they where rolling onto a side, maybe grabbing pupa or just playing. That white underbelly is like a signal flare when they "flash". What if you tied the head on that fly at a 90 degree angle, so it is basically 90 degree off? It would twist the fly onto it's side and but when you strip it would make it look like it was 'rolling'.

Just a thought.

Tyler and Eunan, I really like those big headed articulated guys!
That's a good idea. I will have to try it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
Great job guysTyler are the two rabbit strips stuck together on the 5th and 6th pics?...looks like a very good idea...
Yeah I glued them together with some liquid fusion after sticking the hook through the bottom rabbit. It works pretty well.

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

- Tyler