The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your proudest fly tying moment

Eunan and Kelly you have good reasons to be proud of such beautiful fliesAs for me I'm proud of some patterns I created because they catch fish
Old 02-09-2012, 01:20 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
Eunan and Kelly you have good reasons to be proud of such beautiful fliesAs for me I'm proud of some patterns I created because they catch fish
It is always good when you catch fish on a fly you created, let alone one you tied.

Addicted To Vise
Old 02-09-2012, 01:34 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
Well thank you. I want to see a couple of those "bad boys"!!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelkay View Post
Well thank you. I want to see a couple of those "bad boys"!!
you can see some here:JP's flies step by step...for beginners.)
Old 02-09-2012, 01:57 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

says page not found
Old 02-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelkay View Post
says page not found
JP's flies step by step...for beginners.
check again...if it doesn't work...go to my profile...
Old 02-09-2012, 02:04 PM

Weird, it worked that time. That is a great little pattern. Looks like a supreme fish getter to me! Loved the sbs too.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:15 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

mine was yesterday when i finally perfected tying the ep minnow
Old 02-10-2012, 12:23 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjoni View Post
My proudest fly tying moment was when I got first trout on my own fly
I was thinking pretty similar to you were when I read the title except that I was going to say when my bud landed fish on flies that I'd tied and given him. That's still pretty rewarding, especially when you work on a new pattern or one that you tweak.

At the bench, I suppose I'd have to say my proudest moment has been seeing the quality of my ties improve over the years. Then there's waking up the next day after tying a mess of flies and having that "wow" moment when you look at the previous nights work.

Great looking ties s fontinalis and kelkay, those are beautifully done and almost look too good to fish!
Hardyreels, kelkay and madjoni like this.

Last edited by jaybo41; 02-19-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:15 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

When the fish ate my first tie.