The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 07:19 PM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold
Default Irish Lough flies

After living and fishing in Ireland for over 40 years, i have finally got to where i want to be.
Achieved the qualification as an advanced fly dressing instructor with A.P.G.A.I.(Ireland).

gained my qualification in teaching.

Qualified as an internal examiner.

opened up the shop web site and fly dressing studio.

And to cap it all i was asked on Friday to be part of the Irish National team as the fly dressing adviser and supllier of materials.

Now that i am no longer tied down to a 9 to 5 job i can spend as much time in the studio designing new patterns and dyeing up natural materials until my hearts content.
I can honestly say that i am spending at least 8 hours a day 7 days a week in the studio and loving every moment of it. with visitors coming in each day i have fresh tea and coffee and a big bin of biscuits for them and i think they get a bigger thrill watching me tying up flies and telling them yarns of fishing around europe and Ireland.
Just finished off a range of new Dabblers which will be fiekd tested next week on Lough Sheelin
Click the image to open in full size.

Pocono, kelkay, fredaevans and 5 others like this.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Irish Lough flies

Laurie: Congrats, sounds like life is treating you well! As always, I love your new flies.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:30 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Congrats Laurie
Old 02-26-2012, 07:41 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Laurie,
Congratulations on a job well done. Life it much to short not to do the things we enjoy. I only wish I lived down the street form you so I could pop in for a visit and coffee

All the best to you.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:25 PM

la_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of light

Beautiful flies - tied by the master himself!

All the best

Hugh
Old 02-26-2012, 08:29 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

As always Laurie your flies are beautiful, congratulations on the new career.

Dave
Old 02-26-2012, 08:48 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

nice job
Old 02-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice flies. Glad to hear things are going well for you. Best of luck with everything.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:23 AM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Guys
never been as happy in my life, if any of you come over here you are more than welcome to come out in the boat with us.
By the way High how are you getting on with the deer creek resin? it is selling like mad over here especially for the pike and saltwater guys, now to freshen up the coffee pot and back into the studio
i will put up some more photos later today
Old 02-27-2012, 05:35 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Great looking flies, Laurie!

Sounds like your life is in a great place - congratulations; that's not an easy feat to accomplish.

Pocono