The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 11:34 AM

Walter1023 has a spectacular aura aboutWalter1023 has a spectacular aura about
Default Thoughts on CDC winged Rusty Spinners

I use CDC for almost all my flies...my dry fly box is weak when it comes to spinners I tied a few CDC winged spinners and it saved me from being skunked yesterday just would like any spinner aficionados' input on what they find the most productive tying style when it comes to spinners.....and last but not least HAPPY EASTER TO ALL !!!!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:44 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of
Default Re: Thoughts on CDC winged Rusty Spinners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter1023 View Post

just would like any spinner aficionados' input on what they find the most productive tying style when it comes to spinners.
I use 6-12 strands (depending on hook size) of Krystal Flash for all of my spent wing spinners. First time I saw the pattern it was for #26 trico spinners and the reasoning was that Krystal Flash always seems to find that little bit of light and you can see the flush-floating imitation out on the water. It worked so well for my trico's that I started using it for my other spinners up to size #12 and haven't used anything else since. The fly floats surprisingly well if you grease it up.

Poly yarn always got too crazy on me and I love CDC, but never found a reliable way of un-sliming and quick-drying it after taking a fish on it.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:46 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thoughts on CDC winged Rusty Spinners

I tie these:

Click the image to open in full size.

Silver

http://tinyurl.com/kkctayx

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy