The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By la_jolla1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 06:25 PM

la_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Hans van Klinken's great new piece

A must read for all tiers of Klink's

HANS VAN KLINKEN ON HIS KLINKHAMER SPECIAL
futuramille and mysticm like this.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:24 PM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hans van Klinken's great new piece

Thanks for sharing the url. The Klinkhamer is one of my favorite patterns.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:39 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

La_Jolla, thanks for the thread! I was just thinking I needed a good emerger pattern as I was using store-bought emergers and having success. I had heard of the Klinkhammer but never gave it much thought. Tied a few tonight and will have to test them soon. Thanks again!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-20-2012, 11:40 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Thanks for the link!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 04-21-2012, 12:33 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting read. Thanks for the link. Enjoy learning about different guys and their techniques.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-23-2012, 09:00 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Great article... and love the over-the-top tying instructions at the end. Almost as if to say once and for all, "Now THIS is how you tie the Klinkhamer!"

I can only imagine the amount of trial-and-error type work that went into developing that pattern. Every piece of that fly was so well thought out.

Good stuff!