The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2007, 12:29 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default keough capes

got me 3 capes for 36 bux! thats 12 bux a piece!!!! i think I got me a deal! 1st capes I ever got before. these just say dry fly. this is what it said. This is from Basspro's White River Fly Shop. Keough's Tyer's Dry Fly Cape Brown CB1227. The barcode is 5352601417. I have included a second package that is the same type feather, same bag, same color and probably just opened and the Keough cardboard was discarded. Package says "Thank you for purchasing a Keough Tyer's Grade Cape. A grade of hackle designed to be used. An exceptional grade hackle at an affordable price. Unbeatable feather value. Be assured this cape will tie the maximum amount of flied for the least amount of money. This product has flexible stems, great barb density and excellent feather counts from size 4 to size 22 and smaller. It possesses all the features of a great genetic cape."...... Etc. et.al.
Package is approximately 15" by 6".
he black said the same thing. but only one cape instead of 2. heres those pix of the capes I got.
these were the last ones left tho.
heres another thing I found about the capes online.
The keough Tyer's Grade Dry Fly Cape is ideal for tying tiny dry flies and midges down to size 22 and smaller. This cape has so many usable feathers smaller than size 18 that it strongly competes with #1 grade genetic capes from other suppliers costing significantly more.Two features that set thesehackles apart from other competitors is the barb density of each feather as well as their flexibility of the hackles themselves.Bill recognized long ago that these two properties are imperative to tying high quality flies, so he genetically bred his birds to have these traits. The end result is hackles that remain flexible and retain their barb density even after the processes of bleaching and dying.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0a13_1.jpg (16.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 8c18_1.jpg (24.3 KB, 41 views)

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.