The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > General Fly Tying Discussions

General Fly Tying Discussions Talk about anything somewhat related to fly tying...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 08:55 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold
Default Renzetti Parachute Attachment

Just looking to hear reviews on this product. I absolutely despise tying parachute style flies, but think this might make things a touch easier.

Does anyone have any experience with this product? Don't feel like pulling the trigger on a $45 attachment if I'm not going to use it.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:03 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Renzetti Parachute Attachment

I'm prematurely commenting here in that I am about to google this attachment (and likely purchasing a Renzetti Traveler soon as well. I tie with the vice often and love it, but haven't bought one yet for myself).

I've always found myself tying parachutes as two parts, tying the body of the fly and whip-finishing, then rotating the fly so that the parachute will be running in the vertical plane. I don't know if this is how you do it and it adds an extra step, but it has made it a bit easier to do. It's something I learned in a SBS of the Klinkhammer by its creator.

Now I'm going to go search for this attachment you speak of...

AFTER FURTHER REVIEW: So basically the parachute attachment is like other gallows tools for other vices, but it seems a bit different. I'm rather confused and would like to see it in action before I can weigh in. While most such tools hold the wing-post material upright, I can't see how the Renzetti attachment would do the same. Youtube was of no further help. I question my faith in humanity on days that the internet fails me

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...