Flies YOU invented

newby

Reaction score
Hey all. I want to see some pictures of f lies the forum members have invented themselves. If you have any patterns or variations on patterns, post em' here. I'd like to see some creativity.

jcw355

Reaction score
Nothing special just a fluoresent pink jig with various "body" materials. It works is all that matters to me.

mbphotos54

Reaction score
most of what i have posted in my gallery are of my owm design, ill post a few here shortly

gt05254

Reaction score
Celtic Beauty (posted on this forum in the past):
[/IMG]

Gary

P.S. Kelkay those are some sweet streamers!

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Kelly,

You have become a terrific tier of streamers! Nice stuff :)

I could let it go at saying Gary & Kelly along with the others have put up great home ties but I can't resist............. I have an advantage in that I am able to find fish who will take whatever I would make and cast at them. I have however came up with a few flies (probably more than a few :D) that have done really well for me. I have not seen similar ties elesewhere and all the color and materials concepts were of my own doing.

The Bush Doctor;

Ard's Nine Three Spey Dress;

Alaskan Lady;

Red Head, the ladies sister fly.........

The Char Fin;

I could go on at length because at times my tying is prolific but I will spare you the rest. All of the flies pictured have caught fish; some are better for salmon while others seem to appeal to trout / steelhead, and char. Of the lot I must say that the Ard's Nine Three holds the record for all species ;)

kelkay

Reaction score
Beautiful. Maybe I will get lucky and get to go fish in your great state. I can see why the fish enjoy your flies. :)

Reactions: Ard

webrx

Reaction score
I have a few that are material modifications (my mallard and peacock stillwater nymph) and in others they were just looking at the real bug and trying to tie something that would imitate. Interesting enough, once you find a profile that works (looks like a nymph), experimenting with materials is kind of fun. I recently modified the M&P to be Mallard and a gold antron body with a white bead, and it does a reasonable imitation of a blood midge, reasonable enough that the fish hit it anyway.

Not gonna get rich selling my personal patterns, but, my modification do catch fish most of the time and that is what is important to me.

d

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, great work guys! I can only dream of tying like that. Ard's Nine Three is my sentimental all time favorite, but that doesn't take anything away from the awesome work that Kelly and Gary do, congrats to you all!

Rip Tide

Reaction score
I should take a picture :eek:

Last week I got to spend some time fishing some all synthetic (Polafibre/Polar Fiber) caddis dry flies I've been working on.
No hackle, no CDC, no snowshoe rabbit. They use none of the traditional (and expensive) methods commonly used to float a fly. Only a dab of floatant.

It was hard to even pull them underwater and when I did, they popped right back up every time. When they got slimed, I just swished them in the river and dried them with my bandana and they were ready to go.

This is the stuff I used for the whole fly.
Egg case, body dubbing, underwing, overwing, head dubbing